lens law stuff? (1 Viewer)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
lenz's law stuff?

how confusing this topic is 0_O!!

this question i currently stuck on

"Suppose that the opposite to lenz's law were correct, so that an induced current is set up in a circuit to increase the change causing it instead of oposing it. WOuld this be consistent with the convervation of energy principle? "

Oh you know in "jacaranda textbook pg 133" do we have to know faraday's first experiment or just the basic concept fo the law?

Last edited by a moderator:

kini mini

HSC
1. The example you describe is inconsistent with the principle of conservation of energy as you would then be able to produce more energy simply by inducing a small current which would then increase itself. Energy can't be created or destroyed :).

2. The concept is the important thing, but whether it is explicitly mentioned in the syllabus or not you can be asked to describe an experiment demostrating the principle.

povodude

You just gotta think about it, if it didnt oppose the change then it would continue to increase and increase resulting in infinite energy which doesn't realyll make much sense
(i could be completely off the track here cuz I aint done motors&generators in a while in class)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)