Let's Agree to Disagree (5 Viewers)

Debauchee

HSC
In matters of state, when an agreement cannot be reached, often the other person will say, “lets agree to disagree”. This is impossible.

If the person you are talking to is in the same state as you (Australia, United States, etc.), and that person supports the state, then he is advocating you be imprisoned and / or shot if you do not comply with his whims. Because that is how all state law is enforced if you resist hard enough.

This isn’t flavors of ice cream, and I would LOVE to “live and let live”. I talk to statists and they often wish we go our separate ways because discussions with me are frustrating as I force them to break everything down (usually it’s the first time for them). But unless they support unlimited individualistic secession, they cannot go their separate ways.

If you support the state, you are NOT leaving anyone alone, and you are NOT being tolerant. All acts of state are acts of war, if you advocate a state you are advocating constant war.
Maybe you think it’s necessary, fine, that’s something to talk about.
But “live and let live” and “tolerance of ideas” is not possible with a state.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
In matters of state, when an agreement cannot be reached, often the other person will say, “lets agree to disagree”. This is impossible.

If the person you are talking to is in the same state as you (Australia, United States, etc.), and that person supports the state, then he is advocating you be imprisoned and / or shot if you do not comply with his whims. Because that is how all state law is enforced if you resist hard enough.

This isn’t flavors of ice cream, and I would LOVE to “live and let live”. I talk to statists and they often wish we go our separate ways because discussions with me are frustrating as I force them to break everything down (usually it’s the first time for them). But unless they support unlimited individualistic secession, they cannot go their separate ways.

If you support the state, you are NOT leaving anyone alone, and you are NOT being tolerant. All acts of state are acts of war, if you advocate a state you are advocating constant war.
Maybe you think it’s necessary, fine, that’s something to talk about.
But “live and let live” and “tolerance of ideas” is not possible with a state.
sensing an anrcho-capitalist?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
babysitters with guns.
Tax everyone 100% and then give them enough money to live. If you don't like it you can fuck off to a reeducation camp

Debauchee

HSC
anarcho-capitalist is a stupid term. I just believe in a stateless society.
Capitalism would simply emerge from there.

Debauchee

HSC
school of thought

I just read a whole bunch of books and just kept whatever made sense to me in each of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)