• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

letters of introduction (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, first of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place, i wasn't entirely sure of where to put it.

ok, for uni, i have to write a letter of introduction to my fieldwork supervisors. however, they are giving us a practice run at it first, so we're writing a mock-up one to a ficiticious supervisor (who we make up)

basically, i need to know how to write a letter of introduction...i can do cover letters and stuff like that, but for this, i am soooo lost...it is meant to be formal, yet personal...i have no idea what to say...

someone help!!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
okay, so is this to get into a certain course/subject? or r u already in it? and wats a field superviser?

from the sounds of it, i think it should be similar to a covering letter, but as if u already have the job, and with a bit more of ur personal attributes (hard working etc.) and also ur passion for wat ur going to do.

i might google, and see wat comes up

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Sample Letter of Introduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date

Coordinator's Name
Facility
Address

Dear (coordinator's name):

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as a Level ___ occupational therapy student assigned to a placement with you from ____ to _____. I am looking forward to continuing my learning at your facility.

Before the commencement of my placement, I do have a few questions I would like to ask in order to prepare myself adequately. First, is there any information I should read prior to starting the placement? Second, is there a dress code? And third, to whom do I report on my first day, where and what time?

I would like to tell you a little about myself and my past fieldwork, volunteer/work experiences. My first placement was at ____________________. In this placement I identified my strengths as being ___________,____________ and _____________. Based on this experience I know I need to work further on __________, __________, and __________.

A brief resume is enclosed. I look forward to hearing from you soon to confirm my placement.

Sincerely,

your name
your address
your phone number
your e-mail address

sourced from: http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/rehabmed/sampleletterintro.cfm

obviously, this refers to some medical placement, but it IS froma university

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Sorry, should have explained myself better.

I'm in uni already. For my course we have blocks of fieldwork placements (ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months), supervised by a practicing Occupational Therapist (fieldwork supervisor) and we have to write letters to them once we've been placed with them but before the placement.

I've already googled, didn't do too good

EDIT: thanks!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hipsta_jess, heres UWS version for a letter of introduction. Is this what you were refering to??

Sorry, it won't fit, i'll just type it up.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
well, from what i can tell, a Letter of Intruductions seems to be like, confirming your fieldwork, and introducing urself (duh), but also, like, saying ur qualified to undertake the fieldwork/endorsed by the university.

i'd say write it as if u were writing to soembody who had offered u work experience, hopefully they give u feedback from ur draft letter.

or maybe somebody will more smarts than me will come along and help u out properly :p

Edit: that person seems to be Cape

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Letter of Introduction​

To whom it may concern

This is to introduce to you our student, who is undertaking EH218A Approved Industrial Experience (AIE) as a partial requirement for graduation at the University of Western Sydney in the School of Environment and Agriculture.

Through this work experience, students will have opportunities to work with private industry, government or non-government organisations, or commercial establishments and be able to realte this experience with their professional and academic interests. While undertaking work experience, the students are seeking to learn about the many aspects of industry related work including environmental, social, cultural, heritage and business matters.

We are grateful for your willingness to support this program.

The students understand that during the period of their work experience, they should not contravene your company's right to privacy and security.

To help us assess the performance of the students, could you pleace complete the Employer Assessment form at the conclusion of the work experience period.

All students participating in a volunatry work experience program are covered by the University's insurance policies outlines in the insurance coverage notice contained in this booklet but if they are paid, they should be covered by the workplace provider's insurance policy.

The University appreciates your help and co-operation in its endeaver to train students in the workplace and to make their academic education more relevant to the real work situation and nature of the industry.

Should you require additional information about Approved Industrial Experience, please do not hesitate to contact the School Office on (insert phone number).

Your faithfully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)