• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Liberal Studies Vs. Bachelor of Arts/Science (1 Viewer)

sly_skittle

HSC
I have no idea what I want to do at uni so i was thinking of just studying general subjects in arts and science, but i don't know which of these degrees to do.
If i did arts/science i would do it at ANU and that only takes 4 years- the same as liberal studies.
can anyone tell me which one would be best. I know that with liberal studies a language is compulsory but i'm not sure if i want to do one- but if i did i could still do it at ANU.
I'm just wondering which one would look better on a resume?
also does anyone know of any fun/easy degrees? -I have absolutely no idea what i want to do
possibly; pharmacy, engineering (aeronautical, mechatronic or chemical), teaching, law, science (forestry, zoology), arts (history, archaeology, spanish), biotechnology, architecture...-almost anything.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You should check out the UNSW BA/BSci as well - its essentially the same as the BLibStu except it doesn't force you to do a language. There is also the BSci/BA at USYD, which is 5 years but basically a more indepth version of BLibStu except without a language requirement. Both of the mentioned options permit you to study a language if you wish, they just don't force you.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well anything that involves science is never going to be 'fun' - you may enjoy what you are doing but its going to be very hard work. arts and science alternate each year on which faculty is co-ordinating the liberal studies course, so its no real difference to doing an arts/science double or even the arts and sciences program.

liberal studies and arts will get you a graduate position at a centrelink queue. something like two-thirds of usyd lib studies grads go on to do post-grad study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)