• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

lifeless, brittle hair? (1 Viewer)

izzy90

HSC
N/A
due to heaps of straigthening my hair looks lifeless (btw my hair is somewhat curly), it isnt thining but just very dry and i dont use alot hairspray in case my hair becomes worse.
=(
so is there treatments/cream/hair mask/oil or shampoos out there that actually works to strengthen hair and bring life and shine to it?
i have tried hot oil massage but the effects dont last much
i heard applying henna is good, anyone tried it?

izzy90

HSC
N/A
doesn't henna make your hair red?
no it depends on how strong its made but if you leave it on for 4 hours + then there may be chances of hair going red.

I Study Hard

HSC
One thing with oil: Apply it all the way to the ends of your hair (overnight if possible, but make sure you put a towel over your pillow or something) and then the next morning shampoo (sometimes you need to shampoo it twice to properly wash the oil out)
Second thing, what kind of shampoo are you using? Because alot of the popular brands have chemicals that aren't that great for you in them. Try using a natural one, or mostly natural one (eg Yes to Carrots/cucumbers/tomatos has a good, relatively affordable range with scalp mud masks, shampoos, conditioners and leave in conditioners).
Third thing, what kind of product are you using in your hair? A natural leave in conditioner rubbed into the ends of your hair will leave it soft and shiny and take the frizz away.
Fourth and final thing, when straightening your hair make sure to use a heat protectant to minimise damage to your hair and use a straightener with ceramic plates (most straightners are ceramic anyways) and don't hold your hair to long between the tongs because it will start burning through your hair which is what causes the damage.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I have curly hair too. Basically you can buy all the products in the world but they will only help protect your hair from further damage.

I have tried everything /done everything there is. And the top of my list for helping damaged brittle hair is the Keratin straightening treatment (with curly hair it won't actually straighten it it will only loosen the curl a bit)

So if that's what you want it's shit but my hair has never been stronger and pretty much every hair on my head used to be a split end despite how well I looked after my hair and now I haven't had a single split end.

Other things you can do...

deep oil treatments
always use a heat protectant
and straighten or blow dry your hair as little as you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)