lifting devices (1 Viewer)

manta

I was wondering if anyone else has done an engineering report on cast versus forged crane hooks, and if so do you have an info that might be useful in materials that would be best for the job??:confused:

tieki

Seems like a pretty boring assignment...?

And no, sorry, I don't have any, other than that forged hooks are stronger due to the equiaxed grain structure...

:)

manta

yep, it was pretty boring, but it wasn't an assessable which is good, we now have to do one on mobile phones which should be interesting, coz all the sites on the net are just advertising mobiles etc... so I will have to find some books or something..
:)

Garick

i might as well borrow this topic.

ive been trying to trakc down information on boom cranes in cranes in general. All ive been able to find online is information on how to order them or courses you can take to operate one.

im heading down to my local library again tomorrow, but last time wasnt very proimising. Any suggestions on internet sites i could use?

manta

nope sorry, I got all my report out of books and text books... so the internet was no help at all..
and its the same story for this assessment I have to do on mobile phones, if I wanted to buy one the internet would be great, but finding any info is a real bugger...

Garick

a good way to get info on mobiles is to head down to a telstra shop or orange phone shop, or whatever is around and ask them for info.

they may be able to help out, and they will try to, cause they need to be nice to potential customers.

id do the same, except there arent any crane hire services i know of in the area.

manta

Yeah thanx for that. but my assessment is due tomorrow and Im pretty much finished... whether it is right or not is a different story! But thanx anyway!
well, good luck with your crane thing.
;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)