Likes and Dislikes of EES (1 Viewer)

Iccehy

HSC
Hi just wondering, what do you like and what do you hate about EES?

tosomerandom

HSC
Are you considering doing it for HSC?

Personally it's one of my fave subjects (I do ext 1 maths, adv english, chem, ees, drama)

- it's relevant because environmental issues are becoming more apparent
- Personally, I like geology, so the first module Tectonic Impacts is really interesting
- I guess I just find it interesting
- The concepts aren't rocket-science, it's easier than Chemistry and Physics, which is a bonus
- There isn't too much to learn compared to Chemistry

Dislikes
- in the beginning, I found some of the topics a tad boring (there is a bit of stuff about soil), but I just looked at it as more knowledge for me to have (it's about your attitude)
- apparently it doesn't scale well? But if you do well at it, it'll still be good
- It's a small subject, so not as many resources (you've probably already noticed that on these forums)

Otherwise, if you like biology or ecology or geology, I would highly recommend it.
Also lots of new job opportunities now, as people are taking environmental things more seriously

pkisbest

HSC
Yeah for EES, i too am an aspiring geologist or something around that field. The first 2 topics (that i did) Tectonic Impacts, and environments through time were good for me. Caring for country and my option Introduced species isn't the best but is still good.
- Easy subject if your not good at it
- With a rise in caring for ESD (ecologically sustainable development) jobs are beginning to skyrocket
- If you wanted a job in mining (also a booming Aussie industry with many jobs) that makes money, this is the subject to choose
Dislikes:
- If something isn't your fancy, it will be difficult
- Some schools as mentioned above, may not have appropriate resources for this course (mine did)
- While scaling isn't the greatest, it is an easier subject, go well and it will not scale down. Come first in the course and you set the benchmark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)