Linear question help (1 Viewer)

cossine

HSC
anonymoushehe said:
Hi!
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the question is asking to prove that the opposite sides are equal in a parallelogram, however, the coordinates provided don't produce a parallelogram?

ABCD is a parallelogram where A is the point (2, 3), B is (5, 5), C is (4, 3) and D is (1, 1). Show that the opposite sides of the parallelogram are equal.
You don't need to draw the parallelogram in this question. Maybe the opposite sides are not parallel who knows. You just need to find the distance. Distances are equal.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It does not seem to me like there is an error with the question. The given coordinates should produce a parallelogram, as seen below:

1657956769609.png

Subsequently, an application of the distance formula (see cossine's post) will enable you to show that AB = CD and that BC = AD, which are the 2 pairs of opposite sides in this parallelogram, as follows:

I hope this helps! :D

kkk579

hello
HSC
Hi!
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the question is asking to prove that the opposite sides are equal in a parallelogram, however, the coordinates provided don't produce a parallelogram?

ABCD is a parallelogram where A is the point (2, 3), B is (5, 5), C is (4, 3) and D is (1, 1). Show that the opposite sides of the parallelogram are equal.
find the distance between two sets of coordinates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)