• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Linguistics at Penrith?? (1 Viewer)

dindiqotu

HSC
Hi all

I'm starting next week at UWS Penrith (wooo) doing a BA with Psych as my key. I wanted to do Linguistics as an elective, but apparently only Bankstown offers it.

Now, I've got a friend doing a BA in English Text and Writing, and part of his course is Linguistics. He studies at Penrith campus too, and says he's never, ever had to travel to the Bankstown one.

When I called the hotline to find out how I could do it, they said that I'd have to apply to the head of the course to waive the rule, and then travel to Bankstown, which is not something I want to do weekly.

I'm just a bit confused as to how he studies ling at Penrith, and how I would go about doing it as an elective in the future. Does anyone else do this? Do you think it would be possible that they'll start teaching it at the Penrith campus one day?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
dindiqotu said:
Hi all

I'm starting next week at UWS Penrith (wooo) doing a BA with Psych as my key. I wanted to do Linguistics as an elective, but apparently only Bankstown offers it.

Now, I've got a friend doing a BA in English Text and Writing, and part of his course is Linguistics. He studies at Penrith campus too, and says he's never, ever had to travel to the Bankstown one.

When I called the hotline to find out how I could do it, they said that I'd have to apply to the head of the course to waive the rule, and then travel to Bankstown, which is not something I want to do weekly.

I'm just a bit confused as to how he studies ling at Penrith, and how I would go about doing it as an elective in the future. Does anyone else do this? Do you think it would be possible that they'll start teaching it at the Penrith campus one day?
It appears Linguistics is only being offered at Bankstown this year: http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/start.asp Search: Linguistics

It pretty much means you have to travel to Bankstown unless you can find another suitable unit, ask your course supervisor(Head of course/program).

I doubt they will bring it back anytime soon if ever as UWS is trying to 'cut-costs' for themselves by centralising units and courses most notably the closing and relocation of nursing at Bankstown to other campuses'

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)