• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

List of content omitted from 2017 syllabus for 2024 exam (1 Viewer)

tvskAXatar

HSC
It’s really fucking annoying to find a complete 2024 summary of what will not be tested in the 2024 Maths Advanced HSC exam.

I know two things that are in the current syllabus that won’t be tested(?)

- Simpson’s Rule
- Area bound by the y-axis
- P = Ae^kt

(Correct me if I’m wrong on the above and if they will be tested - this is what I heard)

But what else currently features on the 2020-2023 papers that will not be tested in 2024? Will the empirical rule be tested? Where can I find a summary of syllabus omissions for this years exam so I don’t waste time pondering on questions that won’t even be tested?

justletmespeak123

15 Budapest St Rooty Hill, New South Wales
HSC
I think area bound by y axis can be tested since they are in two current syllabus textbooks i know of (cambridge and math in focus). Simpson's Rule and continuous compound interest wont be tested, they never have been tested since new syllabus came out for 2020 since its not in the syllabus. Things tested on 2020-2023 will all be tested on 2024, they are the same syllabus.

HSC
It’s really fucking annoying to find a complete 2024 summary of what will not be tested in the 2024 Maths Advanced HSC exam.

I know two things that are in the current syllabus that won’t be tested(?)

- Simpson’s Rule
- Area bound by the y-axis
- P = Ae^kt

(Correct me if I’m wrong on the above and if they will be tested - this is what I heard)

But what else currently features on the 2020-2023 papers that will not be tested in 2024? Will the empirical rule be tested? Where can I find a summary of syllabus omissions for this years exam so I don’t waste time pondering on questions that won’t even be tested?
simpson rule aint in syllabus no more
area bounded by y axis is still in and will / can be tested . i think you confused with the volume integration questions
last one can also be tested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)