Listening Assessment Task (2 Viewers)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
So I have an upcoming listening assessment task in about 4-5 weeks time but it's rly weird :/

so the thing gets uploaded and we listen to it during class. we are then given the writing task and the marking rubric. now heres the thing: we have to write our response in class the day AFTER we are given the question and we'll b able to listen to the thing as many times as we want and bring 1 A4 double sided notes to use (we gotta hand it in to the teacher after). now im pretty sure half the ppl will get their tutors to write the response for them.....

well ggwp

is this a normal way of doing listening assessments?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
WTF, no.
I only got to listen to some passage read out by my teacher twice and then had to immediately compose an essay.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
WTF, no.
I only got to listen to some passage read out by my teacher twice and then had to immediately compose an essay.
exactly WTF IS THIS SHIT!?!?!

knowing my friends, their 1 a4 page of notes will prolly be the actual essay itself. the page of notes doesnt get marked so im pretty sure our english teacher wont be able to do jack shit

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
exactly WTF IS THIS SHIT!?!?!

knowing my friends, their 1 a4 page of notes will prolly be the actual essay itself. the page of notes doesnt get marked so im pretty sure our english teacher wont be able to do jack shit
Notes, not the essay. If they bring in an essay I am sure the teacher can deduct marks.
And don't worry, even if they do get their tutors to write it for this exam, they can't for others because it needs to be in your own ability to adapt to the question. Just kick their ass in a more heavily weighted assessment task :)

But - if you guys have no idea what the text is, they might not be that great at picking up techniques/quotes to suit them. So don't worry.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Notes, not the essay. If they bring in an essay I am sure the teacher can deduct marks.
And don't worry, even if they do get their tutors to write it for this exam, they can't for others because it needs to be in your own ability to adapt to the question. Just kick their ass in a more heavily weighted assessment task :)

But - if you guys have no idea what the text is, they might not be that great at picking up techniques/quotes to suit them. So don't worry.
We were given the text before the holidays haha. and we gotta choose a related text as well. wont rly make a difference either, tutor's can write it for them and they memorise the basic things and expand on it T^T

it weighs 25% (15% listening and 10% writing).

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
We were given the text before the holidays haha. and we gotta choose a related text as well. wont rly make a difference either, tutor's can write it for them and they memorise the basic things and expand on it T^T

it weighs 25% (15% listening and 10% writing).
Don't worry man. You got this. Stay focused and kick ass.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Don't worry man. You got this. Stay focused and kick ass.
thank you for your kind and motivational words :)

same goes to you, hope you achieve your atar aim :D

xxcc

HSC
I never had a listening task.. :(
only 2 in class essays, one hand in essay and a speech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)