Listening to people's advices, does it work for you? (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Uno guys.. i've been curious am i just the only idiot who can't listen to people's advices, say like you did shit in an exam and i listened to the teacher say this and that, i just couldn't put wat she said into action, like i get wat she said but when it comes to doing it it doesn't work, so too as maths i have to learn it myself becoz thats the only way i learn it better, when i hear my maths teacher explain it, it's like a totaly another world,

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It depends on whose advice, and what advice. It just depends if it works for you. Some advice is completely useless, but on the whole you'll find something which is useful and applicable.

I mean, my first semester results would've been alot worse, had it not been from alot of advice left, right and centre - about what to be weary of, how to study, what to study, etc.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Yeah, it depends on what advice it is. Every now and then someone will say a spiffy little quote, or something really effective, and it'll hit me hard.. that's when my motivation to study kicks in. :D Too bad it wears off, though.. :(

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
It also depends on your attitude, which means that you essentially have to be open minded. Like just because you may be doing better than someone in the particular subject, doesn't mean that they still can't help you. Personally I've probably gotten more and better advice from worse students than better ones.
But that's just in regard to peers. I guess it would be a bit different in regard to teachers, family, etc.

smittenkitten

Poopinator
I'm not a listening to people's advice - type of person. I like to make my own mistakes and learn myself.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by BigngryWoman
I'm not a listening to people's advice - type of person. I like to make my own mistakes and learn myself.
it's easier 2 do this

howeer, i try 2 listen 2 other's advice, and take it in. but when it comes 2 applying it it can b hard 2 do (just as learning from mistakes can - i make the same mistakes over and over).

Pudgedog

i dont listen to advice.
which makes the abundance of it slightly annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)