• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Listening to the teacher?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Petey9

HSC
N/A
Hello all,
My house tutor (like a moderator) had told me that just listening to the teacher itself can give you a uai of 95+

My problem is, i always find it difficult to concentrate on what the teacher saying for it is very boring or i get distracted (mostly distracted):burn: .

Any tips on staying motivated and concentrated to the lecture?

Thanks for replies :wave:

wendus

krawr.
HSC
listening to the teacher will only get you half what you desire

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i'm pretty sure what he meant was listening to your teacher and understanding what he/she is on about will and should get you 95+. but that's only half of the journey, the other half really depends on how hard you work outside the school - i think that itself can get you whatever you want to get.

mate just stay focused and go sit away from your friends. sit in the front so you can't look around to see wtf is going without a conscious effort.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
that's what i meant. gosh.
actually sitting at the front is a good technique.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
trust me, most teachers know their stuff better than they let on. it is the way they deliver the material that makes you think they are a bit of a losty. i encourage you to ask your teachers if you have any problem, if you take the time to listen to them, i bet you will learn a lot more.

that begs the question, why on earth would you need a tutor?

Petey9

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
trust me, most teachers know their stuff better than they let on. it is the way they deliver the material that makes you think they are a bit of a losty. i encourage you to ask your teachers if you have any problem, if you take the time to listen to them, i bet you will learn a lot more.

that begs the question, why on earth would you need a tutor?
Oh i must have confused you he is just my house teacher for my grades, takes care of us in general.

What do you mean by teachers know more than they "let on" ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)