Liverpool Area Tutoring =) Awesome Guy =D (1 Viewer)

nateb04

HSC
TRIAL PREP!

English Advanced Examination Mark - 94/100
English Advanced Assessment Mark - 87/100
English Advanced Final HSC Mark - 91
BAND 6 Listed in the Distinguished Achievers List 2009

English Extension Examination Mark - 43/50
English Extension Assessment Mark – 42/50
English Extension Final HSC Mark - 43
BAND E3

*due to in-class sleeping, I do not claim to be perfect, or freakishly nerdy/genius like. =]

I can show you @ your first lesson. If it's not in my closet somewhere..

My private one on one tutoring will include:

-How to properly analyse prescribed texts. This includes in depth analysis of poems, movies, cartoons, paintings, short stories.

-Providing, assessing, and reccomending appropriate texts for your 'text of own choosing'. I now manage a lot of students so I have a variety of resources and texts types.

-In depth analysis of modules. This can include all different modules. I know you get 3 per year for English. I did belonging in 09 and I know class on 2010 are doing belonging as well.

-Essay structure, balancing essays, timing speeches appropriately, and sophisticated writing methods.

-Integration of texts, and speech presentation tips.

-Continuous editing of texts. The correct university formatting teachers are marking and looking for. Teacher based criteria for marks

-Proper techniques for Creative Story Writing

-Half Yearlies and Trial HSC, and HSC tips to answer questions properly to gain FULL marks. In class essay tips.

-CRITICAL REFERENCING
(if you do not know what this is you are already behind the states top schools and those who would be receiving band 6 marks in this subject)- only required for students who specify their class / teacher requires critical referencing in essays

-TEXTUAL INTEGRITY
(for those who do not know, this refers to how well an essay flows, and how well it reads to convince a marker, and leave a 'wow' impression that you've sufficiently addressed your module and assessment question)

-I edit essays critically.

Experience:

MY FIRST STUDENT O.H GOT HER MARKS BACK.
22/25 Rank: 3rd
This was her teachers comments:
"within time, very clear voice, excellent delivery, tone, voice, you established your line of argument from the start. Sophisticated language use. You managed to sustain your thesis and your work shows connection between texts"
BAND 6, A RANGE

MY THIRD STUDENT M.O GOT HER MARKS BACK.
37/40 Rank: 1st
This was her teachers comments:
"i like how you compared and contrasted with care, and good details on techniques to support your view"
BAND 6, A RANGE

My FRIEND C.H JUST GOT HER HALF YEARLIES BACK.
Half Yearlies Rank: 1st
In-class Assessment Rank: 1st

consecutive first yay!!

Need proof, contact me and I'll let you talk directly with them!

I have been offered and am enrolling for a Bachelor in Arts/Secondary Teaching at USYD in 2011. Please refer to the undergraduate UAC course:B Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/B Arts. I'm majoring in English.

Charge

$30 a lesson
A lesson can go for as long as you want. If you bring your texts, your assignments.
I WILL go through everything you will need to do/ how to do it/ and when to do it by. By prioritising yourself through me an essay will only take a week leaving much needed time for other assignments.

I tutor anywhere near Liverpool. I'll drive to your house. Just contact me

Contact Details
Mobile:
Email: nateb04@gmail.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)