Local Government Issues (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Were you influenced by any particular issues when you voted earlier today?

Are you aware of any?

My local council seems to putter along quite well, no matter who holds sway.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i cant even remember who i voted for. prob coz i didnt know who any of them were or what they stood for. oops.

Carlito

HSC
if you dont know who to vote for just draw little smily faces on the ballot paper, or infact write anything on it like "Hi", and even if you marked all the boxes correctly, your vote will be considered invalid

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
they have authority over stuff like whether you can renovate your house or cut down trees and stuff..

and they love to abuse it.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I told my parents not to vote for the crap little try hard parties (Like the Greens, Democrats, etc) because they were directing their preferences to the Liberals.

Scanorama

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
I told my parents not to vote for the crap little try hard parties (Like the Greens, Democrats, etc) because they were directing their preferences to the Liberals.
Actually Green's vote will go to LABOR not liberals.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Carlito
if you dont know who to vote for just draw little smily faces on the ballot paper, or infact write anything on it like "Hi", and even if you marked all the boxes correctly, your vote will be considered invalid
That isn't true - provided you fill in the ballot correctly, and your vote is unobscured, you can write anything you like on the rest of it, and it's still a valid vote.

Originally posted by Nick
they have authority over stuff like whether you can renovate your house or cut down trees and stuff..

and they love to abuse it.
So true... I had to address a full meeting of council in opposition to a DA. I was amazed at all the petty rubbish and political point scoring that when on in the hour long discussion of the DA that was considered immediately before the one I was addressing. I also know of a decision of another council where they heard objections after they granted consent - they mayor in question argued that this was democratic as people with objections were given an opportunity to express them!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have no bloody idea who i voted for. The first one on the list .. closer to the front ... the sooner i got out :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)