• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Logging out (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
I was at uni today and logged on to BoS. At the same time, snapwizard, who wqas next to me on another computer logged on as well. The scary thing was that the computer logged straight into my account on BoS.......is it because I didn't click the "log out " button?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
depends...

were you on the linux computers?

cause the macs and pcs clear everything when you log off the machine.

the linux computers gives you and account which stores all your cookies and stuff.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Don't worry that happens on most networks with most sites, I think it is due to them having the same IP and the site just takes it as the one currently logged one (same as opening multiple windows of IE etc)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
when you log out, your cookies are cleared. have you used that computer before? if so, it could have logged straight into your account because the cookies for the BoS site aren't cleared.

i don't bother to log out when i'm at home but i always do when i'm outside

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
jm was asking me and he goes to wollongong.......so i assumed he would know! :)
i'm don't remember but room numbers...

was it earthlab? megalab? skylab? which one???

santaslayer

HSC
LoLz..:rofl:.....I'll check the name of the lab when I go back to uni....wasnt a huge issue, just weird.....:)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
LoLz..:rofl:.....I'll check the name of the lab when I go back to uni....wasnt a huge issue, just weird.....:)
more importantly is if it was a linux, pc, unix or mac lab.....

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
my account is school is logged in about half the time, so is the one here...is it meant to be possible to have 2 accounts logged in at once?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
when cookies is disabled (so that other ppl cant log in as me on the same comp) does it only disable itself in the computer which i used or does it disable cookies everytime i log in as myself no matter what comp im using...

bah..im too confusing...hope someone understood what i said :(

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
my account is school is logged in about half the time, so is the one here...is it meant to be possible to have 2 accounts logged in at once?
What is the student:pC ratio at your school?.......you get to be logged on 24/7?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha i got to a public school. there's exactly 7 computers in the library for seniors to work on during frees, only 3 of them have word :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
when cookies is disabled (so that other ppl cant log in as me on the same comp) does it only disable itself in the computer which i used or does it disable cookies everytime i log in as myself no matter what comp im using...

bah..im too confusing...hope someone understood what i said :(
i guess it can only put cookies on the computer you're using at the time, so you're home one will be the cookied one. but if you log in at school, since you have selected to enable cookies, then school will also be cookied till you log out.

if you have xp, try switching from one user to another - you are even only cookied on your username!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by glycerine
hahaha i got to a public school. there's exactly 7 computers in the library for seniors to work on during frees, only 3 of them have word :p
ahah eh? o_O what does the other comp have on them? just browsers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)