• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Logging Out (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
This might be a really silly question, but how do you log out?

Whenever I go back to the site and it says "There have been XXXX posts since you last visited" and I click on it, the damn thing resets itself and says "There are no matches. Please Try again", so I want to log out and just use the generic "Find Active Threads Today" thing.

Thanks

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
go to home, top right corner, then log out should be... *see attatchment*

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redruM
go to home, top right corner, then log out should be... *see attatchment*
I'm still not entirely sure... so do I click that or what???

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
what arent you sure about?

if you want to log out, then click home, and you'll get to the page like shown in attatchement. then just click log out.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yes, yes, I know, I know I was just being a bastard :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
This might be a really silly question, but how do you log out?

Whenever I go back to the site and it says "There have been XXXX posts since you last visited" and I click on it, the damn thing resets itself and says "There are no matches. Please Try again", so I want to log out and just use the generic "Find Active Threads Today" thing.

Thanks
What? I use the "Active Threads" thing and I never log out, that's why I seem to be everywhere around the forums. :p Have you bookmarked the BoS site, that should do the trick?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
What? I use the "Active Threads" thing and I never log out, that's why I seem to be everywhere around the forums. :p Have you bookmarked the BoS site, that should do the trick?
hmm I have cookies working but if I don;t come back within 24 hrs or so, it logs me out and I have to log in again. Im computer illiterate, so I have no freaking idea what bookmarking means! Its my homepage though :p

santaslayer

HSC
hmm I have cookies working but if I don;t come back within 24 hrs or so, it logs me out and I have to log in again. Im computer illiterate, so I have no freaking idea what bookmarking means! Its my homepage though :p
You sux, full stop. :D

Just log in each time. Putting the password in is a waste of time. :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
You sux, full stop. :D

Just log in each time. Putting the password in is a waste of time. :)

wtf are u on abt? I AM usually logged in! its just that of I leave BoS for more than 24 hrs than I have to log in with password and all again!! geez. How can you log in without putting in your password!? am i missing something? cos u dont make sense. Full stop.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
hey sarah, i don't know what browser you use but most have a setting in the Internet Options (if you use Explorer) or Preferences (if you use Netscape) This setting automatically expires your cookies after a certaiin amount of time. So, if your cookies are set to expire at the end of each day, they are pointless cos each time you come back to BoS, it won't remember you are logged in.

i think i've just confused you....i've confused myself.... ok. i'll do this in explorer, cos most people use it.

go to tools
internet options
click on the tab entitled "Privacy"
go to the Edit button under "Web Sites"
type in the address of BoS then click ALLOW and it should do the trick.

this way, when you leave the site, ie, when you shut the browser window without logging out, it will remember that you were logged in.

if not, come back :p

good luck. :)

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
ha ha!! i managed to figure out those screen shots

take a look...

santaslayer

HSC
wtf are u on abt? I AM usually logged in! its just that of I leave BoS for more than 24 hrs than I have to log in with password and all again!! geez. How can you log in without putting in your password!? am i missing something? cos u dont make sense. Full stop.
I meant to allow for cookies on your browser so that when you click on 'favourites' on your browser, you can automatically log in without inputiing uyour password. Your not missing anything, I'm just stupid. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)