Longest Time Spent Travelling (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
When people travel, it's all about the sights, smells and sounds of wherever you may have travelled, but whats the longest you've actually spent travelling to your destination?

In a fortnights time, I'm heading to Tallinn, Estonia. The plane trip to Helsinki, here's what the flight involves.

Departing: Sydney at 6:05am
Arriving: Brisbane at 7:30am
Departing: Brisbane at 1:55pm
Arriving: Singapore at 7:50pm
Departing: Singapore at 9:50pm
Arriving: Helsinki at 6:45am

Accounting for timezones, it amounts to a massive 31hr 40min trip from Sydney to Helsinki. For a day and a bit I will be spending time in various Departure, Arrival and Bagge Terminals and not to mention the actual flights

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Raiks said:
When people travel, it's all about the sights, smells and sounds of wherever you may have travelled, but whats the longest you've actually spent travelling to your destination?
For backpackers it's all about how smelly and how much they suffered. Backpackers always have shitty stories.

Anyway, >30hrs is a bloody long time.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jumb said:
For backpackers it's all about how smelly and how much they suffered. Backpackers always have shitty stories.

Anyway, >30hrs is a bloody long time.
Yeah, and how many other backpackers they get to have sex with along the way.

And I'm sure my flight has to be one of the longest around... 30+ hours is just mammoth, when I saw it, all I hoped was that somebody had mistyped it.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
longest travelling for me is driving to qld.
13 hours, with only stops for lunch.
longest plane flight 4 hours 20 mins.

i don't travel much...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i havent been out of the country..my longest trip probably was to qld when i was a baby-driving. other than that 8 hrs ona train to coffs harbour!!!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Raiks said:

In a fortnights time, I'm heading to Tallinn, Estonia. The plane trip to Helsinki, here's what the flight involves.

Departing: Sydney at 6:05am
Arriving: Brisbane at 7:30am
Departing: Brisbane at 1:55pm
Arriving: Singapore at 7:50pm
Departing: Singapore at 9:50pm
Arriving: Helsinki at 6:45am

Accounting for timezones, it amounts to a massive 31hr 40min trip from Sydney to Helsinki. For a day and a bit I will be spending time in various Departure, Arrival and Bagge Terminals and not to mention the actual flights
Estonia, sounds like fun :)

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Driving from Brisbane to Perth, I don't even remember how many stops we had, 3 I think, a few more if you take into account stops for petrol.

Europe is a looong way away, i'll be doing it again in September, pure hell in economy. 1-3 hour transfers are ok because it takes that long to run across big airports and check in, anything more and it gets dead boring unless you spend the night because it's not really worth the effort to pay for a room for 6 hours.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Raiks said:
it amounts to a massive 31hr 40min trip from Sydney to Helsinki.
Thats one mother of a trip. Expect to be spun out for the next few days. :|

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
longest trip for me was

Sydney- Osaka: 9.30 hrs
Osaka stopover: 11 hrs (god damn- i swear its the worst air port ever to get stuck at for 11 hrs )
Osaka- Charles De Gaulle Aiport Paris: 12.30 hrs
Paris - Marseille - 1 hr

way home:

Marseille Airport - Paris Challe De Gaulle Airport: 50 minutes
Paris - Singapore: 13.00 hrs
Singapore stopover: 13 hrs - at least we got to go on a free shopping tour but that took a total of 1 and half hour.. .gah.. damn it oh well better than Osaka airport- it actually has things to do- computers, game centres shops etc.
Singapore- Sydney: 9 hrs

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Once I was coming back to Sydney from Houston Texas and so it was at least a couple hours to LA and then something happen with the flight so we were delayed for a day. So that would mean it was about 40 or more hours of travel.

But not including delays and stuff, the longest travel I have done is a bit over 20 hours.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
went from adelaide to orlando via sydney, LA and Dallas

that was about 38 hours of travelling, layovers and customs.

and once coming back from the states, i had a 12 hour layover in LA but we couldn't leave the airport because our bags were checked or some shit... tom bradley international airport is the biggest shithole to waste 12 hours of my life.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Longest trip for me was:

Earth to Moon and back in 2 weeks.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
it took me 4 months of summer holidays to get to the hardware store to buy some glue to fix something

elisabeth

HSC
I've always broken up my trips to London with an overnight stop, usually in Japan. I agree, Kansai airport is hella boring, especially when all the shops are just closing... gah.

Estonia sounds mad, what are you off there for?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Longest trip for me is driving Albury to Brisbane....

But overseas, the longest was Vietnam and that was only 8 hours, nothing really.

I frequently do 8-9 hour bus and train trips home to Albury and they are easy... except for the weirdos that I sometimes get stuck next to.

Next year I'm going to London so that will be me first long haul flight.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the sydney to brisbane has to be the killer of it all, you'll be in australia for 6 hours

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
elisabeth said:
I've always broken up my trips to London with an overnight stop, usually in Japan. I agree, Kansai airport is hella boring, especially when all the shops are just closing... gah.

Estonia sounds mad, what are you off there for?
Ummm... to fly half way around the world to see a girl that I like :D

Oh and to reclaim some of my clothes that I left there last time.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Longest trip for me, Sydney to Vancouver via HongKong, 24hrs of flying plus a few hrs stopover in HK.

Yeh also Sydney - LAX, 14hrs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)