• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Looking for accomodation this coming semester (1 Viewer)

krkshkr

HSC
Hi..is anyone else here joining a post grad program in comp sci? I am looking for accomodation starting from early february.. have gone through the various options..what do u guys think abt UNSW village? in your opinion, wheres the best and cheapest temporary accomodation to be found while i look for a place to live at? I am not very fussy but would preferably like to live on my own in a studio unit or share a house/flat/aptmt with one other person at most. I am also open to any other suggestions as long as the place isnt too far away from campus. If i were going to be in CS, which area would be best to live at and within walking distance to the faculty? Thanks guys.

HSC
Hi..is anyone else here joining a post grad program in comp sci? I am looking for accomodation starting from early february.. have gone through the various options..what do u guys think abt UNSW village? in your opinion, wheres the best and cheapest temporary accomodation to be found while i look for a place to live at? I am not very fussy but would preferably like to live on my own in a studio unit or share a house/flat/aptmt with one other person at most. I am also open to any other suggestions as long as the place isnt too far away from campus. If i were going to be in CS, which area would be best to live at and within walking distance to the faculty? Thanks guys.

bump for you... and I have no knowledge about rent as I'm quite local. Eastern suburbs is not cheap. I've heard (at best) its $200 for rent/per person outside of uni from somebody that use to live on campus.

unsw village looks quite good. There is a nice community and great place to meet people.

In all honesty; the only thing I cn think that is cheap whilst looking for a place to lve is a backpackers hostel or family.

Maroubra may be affordable; its like 10 minutes away. Coogee, Queenspark, bondi maybe. Malabar/matraville/eastgardens might be a consideration (their like 15 minutes away). City? As you can tell i have no clue. Have you sent an email to someone in unsw yet?

krkshkr

HSC
hi..yeah rent goes up to abt 200 per week in the surrounding areas. unsw village is kinda expensive with all the tacked on costs and they want to start charging from the 15th of january when i'll only be getting there on the 14th of february 2010.

Does anyone around here know anything abt Maroubra and the 'bra boys..a friend of mine told me it wasn't a very safe place to be living at? care to elaborate?

i have sent emails out..uni housing is full..theres a long waiting list.. 'sides that ive been contacting a buncha ppl on flatmate.com.au but nothing promising as of yet..and plus its hard to get ppl to agree to take u in february..everyones looking for immediate tenants..

i hope someone here whos gone through the same situation can give me some advise..thanks :)

rx34

HSC
I would suggest you to the UNSW accommodation office, they have a few blackboards where students/outsiders advertise accommodation for rent. There also is homestay. You definitely should go there around the end of January/early Feb as new stickies would be posted. Many of my friends got their accommodation sorted out there.

henry08

HSC
N/A
UNW Village is where I will be staying. Places still available...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)