• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Looking for Changing Self Texts!! (1 Viewer)

brown_sugar

Hey, im trying to look for changing self texts, tho its hard to find good texts where u can talk about things like techniques etc..
any good places where i can find some good texts?!
I need things like poems, cartoons, etc.

thanks!! :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Suggestion - songs
I used Creed - With Arms Wide Open
that was really good in terms of the linkage to changing self, and also plenty to talk about in terms of aural features/lyrics

Sarah

HSC
N/A
i used american beauty. u can talk about filming techniques for it, and u can see the changing self

1 more

fructis
HSC
i liked using paintings as stimulus- i liked brett whitely "Art, life and the other thing" and Frida Kahlo's - "the two Frida's" is good too.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
this is just a general comment ... if there is changing perspectives in a text, then there will also be changing self, and with that changing worlds ... so you use most of texts in other focus areas (of change) ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
this is just a general comment ... if there is changing perspectives in a text, then there will also be changing self, and with that changing worlds ... so you use most of texts in other focus areas (of change) ...
yeah true, but some texts fit in better with other texts.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

Yeah we're doing Harwood... have you got notes jess?
yesh, somewhere *thinks back to the big burning* maybe they got burnt?:confused: hmm, yeah I do, somewhere, I just cant remember where.

ellebelle

"Tirra Lirra by the River" by Jessica Anderson is a really good changing self text, but i doubt you'd want to read a whole novel. It's just something we studied in ext 1 english in year 11, so lucky for me i've already got all the relevant quote drilled into my head.

Noelle

I think othello would be really good for changing self, can anyone tell me if it's a really bad idea to use prelim texts?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Noelle
I think othello would be really good for changing self, can anyone tell me if it's a really bad idea to use prelim texts?
make sure u can link arguments etc
but Othello sounds nice =)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Noelle
they dont really care ... so much so that last year in another section of this forum ... people were saying that 'experienced hsc marker' didnt mind people using 'hsc' texts so i dont think prelim texts should be a problem ... unless youre at school where they dont like people who do that because they think they are lazy but thats another story ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Groundhog Day is a good film for changing self.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Someone gimme a clue, if "Tess of the D'Urbervilles" is a good text for changing self...

I really should stop bludging...
ARGHH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)