Looking for english tutor (1 Viewer)

kirrsu

HSC
( ・∀・) hi
I currently need an english tutor before trials come (˘̩╭╮˘̩)
my text are:
AOS-The awakening by kate chopin
MODA- Richard III and Looking for richard
MODB- T.S elliot

cheers(°◡°)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Delta education. Best english tutoring in Sydney but very expensive

kirrsu

HSC
Delta education. Best english tutoring in Sydney but very expensive
askjfklkadklaailsfjwiojawkjfhbjkwak $1,560 per term oh lord ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽ that kills ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

lol but thanks for the suggestion (*´▽`*)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Also maybe a stupid question but do they cater for adults?
WTF David, what's with all your ridiculous ideas? These classes are designed and catered for students wishing to do well in the HSC. What can an adult achieve out of it?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
WTF David, what's with all your ridiculous ideas? These classes are designed and catered for students wishing to do well in the HSC. What can an adult achieve out of it?
In this statement, there is an assumption that HSC students are always of a certain age group-i.e. less than 20 years old, but there can be mature age students who wish to study the HSC because of whatever reason they didn't get to in the first place and there is nothing wrong with that since everyone is entitled to education.

Orwell

HSC
I always despised English tutoring, in my opinion, it just doesn't make sense. Remember, teachers are always there to help you.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I always despised English tutoring, in my opinion, it just doesn't make sense. Remember, teachers are always there to help you.
Maybe you have had a bad experience with English tutoring, but many people found it to be very helpful and necessary with a good tutor because often teachers, particularly if the school is not particularly well resourced, do not have enough time to provide students with the individualised support they need. I remember the teacher in my school-I had the head teacher mind you, refuse to mark any essays before exam because she was too busy and she only marked our essay the day before our exam giving us a one word feedback-it is teachers like this that makes students resort to tutors for the support they need in HSC considering English is an extremely important subject.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Maybe you have had a bad experience with English tutoring, but many people found it to be very helpful and necessary with a good tutor because often teachers, particularly if the school is not particularly well resourced, do not have enough time to provide students with the individualised support they need. I remember the teacher in my school-I had the head teacher mind you, refuse to mark any essays before exam because she was too busy and she only marked our essay the day before our exam giving us a one word feedback-it is teachers like this that makes students resort to tutors for the support they need in HSC considering English is an extremely important subject.
That's why the plan is before trials and before the actual HSC get a tutor for like the last 12 weeks of year 12 so then you can spam their inbox full of essays/creatives/short answer response. Lol. Also try your best to get a cheap one who has "decent" qualifications (i.e. at least band 6 in english advanced and currently studying education/arts at uni). I know one in the Bankstown area (through a friend) which is like $25 for 2 hours but the teaching there is horrible but don't go to these cheap dodgy tutors to get tutored in english. Only use them before trials and before the actual HSC so then you can spam their inbox full of stuff for marking, but its really mediocre quality like how your teachers would mark them. Not "Delta" quality (i.e. state ranking, high quality marking)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
That's why the plan is before trials and before the actual HSC get a tutor for like the last 12 weeks of year 12 so then you can spam their inbox full of essays/creatives/short answer response. Lol. Also try your best to get a cheap one who has "decent" qualifications (i.e. at least band 6 in english advanced and currently studying education/arts at uni). I know one in the Bankstown area (through a friend) which is like $25 for 2 hours but the teaching there is horrible but don't go to these cheap dodgy tutors to get tutored in english. Only use them before trials and before the actual HSC so then you can spam their inbox full of stuff for marking, but its really mediocre quality like how your teachers would mark them. Not "Delta" quality (i.e. state ranking, high quality marking)
Or send in essays/creatives weeks before the "busy period" but some will get pissed as they don't like you to send things in early

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That itself is not necessarily a good idea because trying to refine all your essays/creative/short responses in last 12 weeks is a nightmare if you weren't up to scratch throughout the year and the damage would have been done if you did bad in your internal assessment which could affect your internal rank. Decent qualifications as the only indicator of a good tutor is a very bad idea, because how much the tutor actually cares about their student is also a major factor that should be encouraged. While Delta tutors are really good at English, this does not imply every other tutor who is not a Delta tutor cannot achieve high quality marking (there is a very elitist bias in this statement and a major over generalisation that is not substantiated). I doubt any tutor would mark every single essay you spam them if you overload them with work in a very short amount of time (particularly if they have many other commitments and you have not paid them much)-because most tutors have their own life to live, and uni commitments to attend to and unfortunately their lives cannot and will not revolve around any one student as the major focus but will definitely include attending to reasonable requests.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
That itself is not necessarily a good idea because trying to refine all your essays/creative/short responses in last 12 weeks is a nightmare if you weren't up to scratch throughout the year and the damage would have been done if you did bad in your internal assessment which could affect your internal rank. Decent qualifications as the only indicator of a good tutor is a very bad idea, because how much the tutor actually cares about their student is also a major factor that should be encouraged. While Delta tutors are really good at English, this does not imply every other tutor who is not a Delta tutor cannot achieve high quality marking (there is a very elitist bias in this statement and a major over generalisation that is not substantiated). I doubt any tutor would mark every single essay you spam them if you overload them with work in a very short amount of time (particularly if they have many other commitments and you have not paid them much)-because most tutors have their own life to live, and uni commitments to attend to and unfortunately their lives cannot and will not revolve around any one student as the major focus but will definitely include attending to reasonable requests.
No but during the school assessment period (excluding trials and actual HSC) I don't think the teachers would've been as busy as they are during the busy period. Also during the busy period, its better to get someone a substitute for your teacher as they start restrictions on students. Also lots of tutors are willing to mark your essays/creatives as it is their job to do so because if they didn't then it'd be a make or break for the student

About the tutor in the Bankstown area I was talking about, my friend told me that she stayed up till 12am and had to do multiple allnighters in order to help her students (she has lots of private students and tutors at some centre in bankstown)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)