• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

losing weight at GYM? (2 Viewers)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
hi ppl i was just wondering wot gym is like, is it really good?
ok i break it to you straight:

well, you see im a pretty fat bastard and after the hsc i wanna lose all those fat
of my thighs, ass, tummi and chest(manboobs) oh yea and i cut out damm fuken junk foods like krispykreme, marebars, doritos, &maccas

whch gym do you go?? does it cost alot?

Much appreciated

mack

Banned
HSC
It's worth going to a gym, as building muscle also burns fat. Just dont drop a barbell on your toe.

mack

Banned
HSC
In year 10 I went to one for awhile, don't go anymore. I'm going to go back after the HSC though. Don't you know what a barbell is?

69^boi

HSC
N/A
isnt running on treadmill burn more fat than doing weights?

sub

y get on a treadmill run in real life...apparently its better (fresh air etc)
im also a gym n00b :)

timrie6

HSC
N/A
definately cut out maccas. 1 cheeseburger is over half your daily reccommended fat intake.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
yea but i prefer the treadmill its kinda bit easier on the real ground
plus you run like a fukin dog

sub

nah man i fing the treadmill easier...u dont have to drive urself to run...if u cant keep up, u'll fall off. normal running takes more effort, cos ur constantly thinking that u have the chocie to stop but ur running for no reason...its a psychological thing. also i agree with timrie...no cheeseburgers and other junk foods...they're full of crap anyway

mack

Banned
HSC
Treadmill's are good for burning fat, so are exercise bikes. Doing this in conjunction with weightlifting is the best though, as they both burn fat.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
hey relly thx for da adice dudes
i just hope i lose all those fat wen/if i start uni next yr(i hope)
all those yrs of tolerating being obese....

timrie6

HSC
N/A
buy one of those weightwatchers recipe books and eat out less

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
good on ya dude, you'll be arnie in no time.

mack

Banned
HSC
Yeh, also, if you want to get rid of the manboobs, I'd recommend running daily, pushups and benchpresses. They'll disappear before you know it.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
but i wouldnt do that first- id ease into heavey working out if ur seriously fat otherwise ull get sick and tired in no time flat

start walking, eating healthy and enjoying sports here and there- when u feel ready go to the gym because it isnt a miracle that some ppl actually lose weight- its a big effort

hYperTrOphY

HSC
hi ppl i was just wondering wot gym is like, is it really good?
ok i break it to you straight:

well, you see im a pretty fat bastard and after the hsc i wanna lose all those fat
of my thighs, ass, tummi and chest(manboobs) oh yea and i cut out damm fuken junk foods like krispykreme, marebars, doritos, &maccas

whch gym do you go?? does it cost alot?

Much appreciated
If you want to lose the weight you first need to be make sure you will committed 100%
Your DIET makes up about 60-70% of your fat loss success or failure. You diet is so very important!! You're off to a good start by removing all fast food, junk food - also stop drinking coke and other "fizzy" drinks. Water is your friend! :)

Many people, when trying to lose weight will starve themselves - I dont recommend this. Your body still requires quality nutrients ESPECIALLY if you are working out (which is also imperative). You want to consume about 5-6 meals a day, but resonably small amounts in each serving. (not so small that you're still hungry though). Eating frequently will increase your metabolism.

The foods to eat: Protein, carbohydrates, fats. This is the order of preference. Protein is an extremely important macro when training. It is used in the repair and growth of muscles. LEAN cuts of steak are a good source of protein, also - tuna, whey, eggs, chicken (skinless, boneless breasts) are all good options.
Carbohyrdates give you energy. Also essential, especially when training. The key here is to consume low glycemic carbs. You can find the glycemic index on the internet I would assume. Brown rice, sweet potato are two of my favs.
You also need both green leafy and fibrous greens. Lettuce, broccoli etc. On a cut, I suggest you avoid eating too much fruit if possible.
Fats - avoid eating too much fat in particular SATURATED fats. You want to be consuming only polyunsaurated and monosaturated fats, and these should only make up about 20% of your diet.

With your training, I highly recommend doing both cardio and weight/resistence training. Check out this link for some help on a routine: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13weekfatburningworkout.php

Going to the gym can become expensive. If you are committed a membership will save you money, however, most include a 12 month contract with a cancellation fee if you "give up". I find the hardest and most expensive part is the diet.
Hope I have helped a little bit, and goodluck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)