• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Lost my Student Card (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Is it worth replacing my student card (to allow me to continue to get concessions) at this point of the year?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Only if you will be using the (state) public transport network on a regular basis, I guess. The library network's off campus access and its 'student login' trial may be a bit of a bitch without a card if you cannot remember your number, too.

It's something along the lines of $50 for a new card ($30 for the card, $20 for the concession sticker), isn't it?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Oh, I've memorised my library login. But I probably Will be using public transport - I just don't know if it's gonna be enough for me to justify the expense of the card.

When do our 2005 cards come out?

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
I lost my student card and got a replacement one a month back. The replacement is $20 (not including transport sticker). The sticker is a bitch to get, you have to manually go to some office in the CBD and get it done. They don't just issue a State Transit sticker like they did at Sem1 enrolment at uni, you have to go to the State Transit offices yourself. I personally didn't bother with the sticker, because 95% of the movie staff and bus drivers I encounter just check for your CARD, they don't really bother with the sticker.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
... I know where my student card is! It's still at Manning, after I left it at Access on the 17th. We handed the stuff back in pretty quickly, but I never remembered to go get the damn card back. Bit of a bitch too, I don't go to Main campus.

Carlito

HSC
Someone in my exam room left their student card on the table after they left the exam.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
JKDDragon said:
I personally didn't bother with the sticker, because 95% of the movie staff and bus drivers I encounter just check for your CARD, they don't really bother with the sticker.
Careful now, I remember being on a bus and the bus driver tried to kick a lady off coz her student card didn't have the sticker on it (ie. he thought she made a fake concession card). Best not to get screwed over by those dumb looking ticket officers at the station.
How much are fines these days? $150 or $200?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Bob.J said:
Careful now, I remember being on a bus and the bus driver tried to kick a lady off coz her student card didn't have the sticker on it (ie. he thought she made a fake concession card). Best not to get screwed over by those dumb looking ticket officers at the station.
How much are fines these days? $150 or $200?
True, but generally they tend to give you a warning first. I'mma just gonna bite my nails and take that risk. Once I get the warning, I'll go get it done.

peteski01

Enlarged Member
HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
True, but generally they tend to give you a warning first. I'mma just gonna bite my nails and take that risk. Once I get the warning, I'll go get it done.
collin, you're gonna get caught. billy did the same thing you did and got caught around a week ago. watch out mate.

ChevyJoe

HSC
N/A
peteski01 said:
collin, you're gonna get caught. billy did the same thing you did and got caught around a week ago. watch out mate.
nah, billy didn't. he's my cousin and they just gave him a warning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)