• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Low UAI - Options for Uni? (1 Viewer)

theBuzz

HSC
So...my UAI is standing at 56 right now... I had SOME hope yesterday when the calculators were giving me estimates of mid 60s, but right now I'm devastated with what I've gotten. I was a bit surprised as my HSC marks ranged from ~60 to 80, in decent scaling subjects.

Now I am considering my options for next year.... I'm eligible for the UWS regional bonus, as well as EAS. Will they take me into any courses? Not too concerned with what I do now, as I can always change courses later.

Also considering TAFE as an option, but I'm not too sure what I should do.

So what advice does BoS have for me?

theBuzz

HSC
I was leaning towards information technology.
Would I be able to do a lower UAI prerequisite course like B Computing, and change to B Computer Science later on?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Im not sure, but i think thats actually what my boyfriend did, he starts his computer science course next year. It took him two years to get the transfer, mind, he could have got it after the first but he slacked off and his marks were pretty shit.

So yea, im quite sure you can. The best part is the two courses share some of the same units, so the ones you did in the original course are carried on to the course you transfer to, so you don't repeat anything/waste time.

crsingle

HSC
mate, take a few years off and work here or overseas. have a good time and relax and come back when your 21 as a mature aged student.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
crsingle said:
mate, take a few years off and work here or overseas. have a good time and relax and come back when your 21 as a mature aged student.
why would you do that? when transferring can be done so easily with good marks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)