• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lower cutoffs on usyd website? Possible late offer cutoffs avail? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I was browsing the usyd website and for some reason the course cutoffs have fallen on the website. I'm pretty sure they were different two days ago when I checked.
eg. Arts stayed at 83
Economics and social sciences dropped to 90.70
Arts and sciences dropped to 75

Now, I know it's probably positive thinking on my behalf, but could this possibly mean that these are the late round cutoffs.
It would make sense.
Arts and sciences had vacancies, so as to fill up the course usyd could have chosen to accept people with lower uai's then the main round (it was 78 before).
I know that they usually rise, but then again this has been a freak year.

With the ability to get "fee-help" on private college courses from the gvt, perhaps people ar eindeed flocking to these colleges. This would explain why many a main round offer wasnt accepted.
Most of the science courses have remained about the same, and the logic would be that not that many private colleges cater for good science degrees (lots of them have good business related ones due to demand).

Sure, this may all be wishful thinking on my behalf. But what if :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
could someone comment with their thoughts. this is my way of getting over the stress.
Really need for places to be available to economics and social sciences and for the uai to be below 92.7 for it

alex_c86

HSC
yeh they've definately gone down... some by like 5 points (well b animal and veterinary bioscience has neway, from 91.xx to 85.xx)... hopefully ill get into that or B arts / Bscience... the website should be opening soon.. was open by now for main round, but ive tried and its still not working

alex_c86

HSC
im assuming the cut-offs on the website are the late round offers.. no other explanation really. does that mean that the cutoffs there for 2004 were also for late round? and do they change those too when late round offers for 2005 come out?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hmm the 2004 cutoffs are main round scores

stazi

Nightman
HSC
There really is no other explanation for the uai changes, unless they all smoked too much crack and thought itd be funny to change the numbers over

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i think theyre gonna open the late offers LATE like at the set time of 9.pm this time...i keep checking the website out and they didnt open it yet

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, its silly though isnt it.
Why the hell keep it a secret even though everyone finds out at 9pm anyway - why not open it when they are released.?
This is just incredibly stressful.
I can't fucking concentrate or do anything right now, and I'm not usually a stressed guy

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thx kaye
its called the law of whomever sleeps their way through the UAC

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i think im going to cry
my first pref was primary ed @ usyd and i was really counting on getting into it.... the cutoff was 86.3 and i got 86.1
the late round cutoff was 86.15

ar5ena1

HSC
thats tough, feeling for you cro_angel. ring the uni, never know someone might drop out.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Good luck with that cro.

Oh and I just realised:
HSC results: first released on boredofstudies
Top placed student list: first released on boredofstudies
2005 main round cutoffs: first released on boredofstudies
2005 late round cutoffs for sydney uni: first released on boredofstudies :)

LazyBoy

HSC
you can always apply through flexible entry cro. Ring up usyd about it. I got into B Arts and Sciences but im shitting myself with the $590 i have to raise by enrollment in two days. (which i simply cannot do..lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)