lucy in the sky with diamonds (1 Viewer)

greeer

HSC
hey,
can anyone help me out with how perpectives have been altered or self growth has developed in the song 'lucy in the sky with diamonds'??

chim-chimity

HSC
In my respone I'm dealing with coming out of the imaginative journey back to reality, and for Lucy.. I say that the persona DOESN'T escape the imaginative world but rather chooses to stay in it, aided by the apparent use of LSD.. and you can support that by the 'climb in the back with your head in the clouds' which is a double-entendre because it refers to losing yourself in the imagined landscape and being under the influence of LSD.

Are you doing Journey to the Interior as a related text? It works really well with the song for comparing/contrasting

chim-chimity

HSC
oh and to answer specifically I guess that means there's not really that much growth

bread2muchloaf

HSC
Lucy in the sky with diamonds is not about the drug LSD. John Lennon’s son Julian came home from school a drawing of a lady floating in the sky and when Lennon asked what it was he said 'its Lucy in the sky with diamonds' and with that Lennon and McCartney started bouncing off psychedelic ideas at each other! But that’s not say that The Beatles didn’t write any songs about drugs, Got to get you into my life is about pot.

I just wanted to make that clear.
:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)