lying questionnare (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

em2182

HSC
Hi everyone

For my PIP i'm looking at governments and lying. i was wondering if anyone would mind answering a few questions about lying and governments lying ..... it shouldn't take long and it would help heaps. I have some responses, but i wanted a few more to see if responses vary with age ..... most previous responders were 36+. Thanx !!!!!!!!

1. Age:

2. Do you consider lying to be
- ok
- wrong ?

3. Are there any situations in which you percieve lying to be acceptable?

4. Have you personally ever told a "white lie"?
- yes
- no

5. If yes, what was the situation?

6. do you believe the government lies?
- yes
- no

7. do you think this is acceptable?
- yes
- no

8. In what situations do you think this predominately happens? i.e war, elections etc

9. Do you see it as acceptable in these situations? why?

10. what reasons in society can you see for governemnts lying? (i.e. why do they get away with it?)

11. do you expect the government to lie in certain situations?

12. Do you feel there is any way to stop it?

Thanx again!!!!!

Kulazzi

HSC
There is a section in the General HSC section here you can post up your survey. It's called School Assesments and Surveys :)

I'll fill it out now but I'll get a mod to move it there for you later on, so no need to create a new thread there.

Kulazzi

HSC
1. Age: 18

2. Do you consider lying to be: wrong

3. Are there any situations in which you percieve lying to be acceptable? no

4. Have you personally ever told a "white lie"? yes

5. If yes, what was the situation? when trying on some clothes which I thought were crap on me however the saleswoman was like "That looks good" :rolleyes:

6. do you believe the government lies? Yes!!!!

7. do you think this is acceptable? No!!!!

8. In what situations do you think this predominately happens? Iraq war, AWB scandal and just most recently, possibly the myths surrounding on how the Australian soldier Private Kovco died and how his body was mixed up with someone else

9. Do you see it as acceptable in these situations? Definitely not. The government should be honest about serious issues like these, whether they would be national or international. That is their role as government, to inform their citizens of what is truly going on

10. what reasons in society can you see for governemnts lying? (i.e. why do they get away with it?) Mainly to protect themselves from any bungling or mix-up I guess, but one really does wonder as to the real issue behind it

11. do you expect the government to lie in certain situations? No

12. Do you feel there is any way to stop it? Yes

rhia

salty
HSC
1. Age:

wrong.

no.

yes, in the past.

there are so many times, i think, that it would be impossible to provide one situation that perhaps stood out. however, some situations include to avoid embarrassment, to make myself appear less foolish, or 'better' than i am, or to avoid getting myself into trouble.

yes.

i've just said no, so no.

8. In what situations do you think this predominately happens? i.e war, elections etc
i don't think there's any topic about which the government lies more often... or there is, but i don't care.

no. lying is ridiculous. what's the point of speaking if it's garbage?

10. what reasons in society can you see for governemnts lying? (i.e. why do they get away with it?)
well, first of all, maybe people don't know they're lying.

i don't EXPECT them to.

the 'government' isn't a person: the government is comprised of individuals. to stop the 'government' from lying, you have to alter the personalities and morals of all the individuals that comprise it, and i certainly don't think that that is an easy task.

passion89

HSC
1. Age: 16

wrong

3. Are there any situations in which you percieve lying to be acceptable? Yes. White lies to avoid hurting people's feelings MAY sometimes be acceptable

yes

5. If yes, what was the situation? To avoid embarassment

yes

no

8. In what situations do you think this predominately happens? political scandels, economic and social disasters

9. Do you see it as acceptable in these situations? why? no. This is pretty much concealment of information and is fraudulent

10. what reasons in society can you see for governemnts lying? (i.e. why do they get away with it?) Media influence's people's perceptions and so may influence what society thinks is true.

11. do you expect the government to lie in certain situations? yes

12. Do you feel there is any way to stop it? no - they're bastards

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
1. Age:16

2. Do you consider lying to be:
Wrong

3. Are there any situations in which you percieve lying to be acceptable?Yes, white lies, a bit hypocritical though.

4. Have you personally ever told a "white lie"? I'd be lying if I said no

5. If yes, what was the situation? Too many situations to pick just one

Yes

No

8. In what situations do you think this predominately happens? i.e war, elections etc Any time they need to have to pick up their public image

9. Do you see it as acceptable in these situations? why? No, but I can see why they lie, public perception is important.

10. what reasons in society can you see for governemnts lying? (i.e. why do they get away with it?) Because most of us are apathetic about what is going on around us, most of us just don't care what they do, as long as it doesn't directly affect our lives.

11. do you expect the government to lie in certain situations? I'd be lying if I said no

12. Do you feel there is any way to stop it? Yes, but it ain't going to happen.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Does this survey have anything to do with studying Module C of English Advanced: 'Telling the truth'... i saw these same questions in class

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
1. Age:

wrong

Yes, there would be some where I would just have to lie, but I can't seem to think of any now.

yes

Desperate to get out of something.

yes

no

During times of political tension.

I don't accept it, but I would expect it during these situations.

Possibly for profit or political success, and they cover it up well!

Yes, if it doesn't want to reveal the reality of the situation.

Possibly by further protest, although I'm sure that has been attempted in the past plenty of times.

BigBear_25

HSC
1. Age: 17

Wrong.

yes to save thier lives or someone elses.

- yes

Numerous situation can't really remember

Hell yeah.

Hell no its very immoral. Governments are chosen to lead thier people so they should do them the service of being truthful. However in reality if this happened no goverment would ever stay in government. There is some sort of corruption in every government.

8. In what situations do you think this predominately happens?
Yes in wars, when covering up blunders eg AWB, definitely before elections ect.

No this isn't acceptable in any situation. These have the potenital to put peoples lives in danger.

They get away with it because they can. And we as the massess unfortunately do end up believing them. For example in Australia voters are really aren't keeping the best government in but the worst out. I believe that there is no alterative government for the voters to choose from. Seriously the Labor Party sucks no offence. The point I'm trying to make is that if john howard lies before an election we still vote for the liberal cause there is no alternative

Yes especailly when trying to cover up.

No not really. In order to stop it we would have to over throw the government or create some sort of revolution to get rid of lying in scoiety. What would happen is what happened in Russia in 1917 (the revolution) this is probably very extreme. But something will go wrong.

Plus we are all happy nowadays.

Sorry for the last comment just doing Brave New World for module A.
And sorry for the essay like responses but i just have very strong political views.

Goodluck with the PIP.

pinkkprincesss

HSC
1. Age:17

- wrong ?

no
- yes

i was afraid what people would think
- yes

- no

8. In what situations do you think this predominately happens? conflicts

9. Do you see it as acceptable in these situations? why? no beacuse who they stand for deserve to know why they just made a decision. if they chose to go to war fine just tell us why dont make up stupid excuses

10. what reasons in society can you see for governemnts lying? they cant provide reasons why they do things

yes
no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)