Macquarie's SIBT: Good or Bad? (1 Viewer)

gm

HSC
Hi,

I'm a year 11 student, i'm really not very happy at school... I've been looking at ways other than school to succeed.

I found that Macquarie University runs the "Sydney Institute of Business and Technology".

With a pass in year 11, you can go on to get a Certificate IV in University Preperation in a single year. They can choose a commerce, computers or communication theme (The commerce theme really suits me as im in love with the stock market).

After the CertIV, you're able to go on to get a Diploma in for example Commerce (DipComm), if you do reasonably in the first year of the diploma, it is treated like first year university commerce and you get a guaranteed place in a second year commerce or applied finance degree.

I wanted to ask you guys (as i know you're an intelligent group of people), what do you think of this? could it damage my future? any advice?

By the way, the reason i don't like school is because i'm new to it this year, and i just don't like the environment, i was once a top student and i'm still very capable. Although the thought of going to my school depresses me each morning. If i go for SIBT it means i only have one more term of this left.

Please tell me your thoughts!

GM

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by gm

By the way, the reason i don't like school is because i'm new to it this year,

what do u mean?

and i don't know much about this scheme... but it sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want to do... as long as you aren't going to regret your decision

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
First of all i assumed you know the price for this course which costs around $10,000-11,000 for each certificate you pass.
Secondly it says that you are garaunteed of a second yr spot but if you fail the certificate then you have just wasted $10,000 for a business certificate when you can get that at TAFE.
Thirdly this SIBT targets mostly international student with money to burn and i think you will see that not many local students will be there because of the amount of the fee.

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
I was new to my school too in year 11 and at first it was kind of hard, but you do get used to it. What do you mean by "I don't like the environment?" Is it one of those schools that nobody gives a shit about the hsc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)