• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Macqurie University or Australian national University? which one?? (1 Viewer)

tjhunt11

HSC
Ok so i am thinking of doing a combined commerce/economics degree at either Macqurie Uni or ANU, and i am wondering which choice is best, and who has a better reputation, For some reason my instincts are with ANU, can somebody please give me advice on which uni to choose?

thanks

Ziva

Banned
HSC
Is it beyond me as to how someone would even consider going to Canberra (by choice) for university. Actually go there. At. All.

Also MQ doesn`t offer a combined com econ double. You can do a bba econ double though which is pretty much the same thing.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
ANU seems to have a fairly good rep for Econ, maybe not so much for Commerce. I don't study in either of those areas so I can't tell you more than that.

If you're in Sydney, ANU would mean moving out of home. This has its advantages and disadvantages: the main advantages being that you get more independence and you can experience all the fun of college, and the main disadvantages being the cost (and possibly having to cook if you don't live catered). I live in college at ANU and I haven't regretted it. Canberra isn't that bad, although I say this from the perspective of someone who's lived all his life in regional areas. It may not have all the nightlife and culture of the big cities but if you're not into that it really isn't a bad city. We have light traffic, clean air, lots of parks... it's a nice place.

I strongly recommend touring the campuses and any accommodation you're looking into, if you can. It'll allow you to get more of a feel for the place and see which one you prefer. If you want to know anything more about ANU feel free to ask me.

tjhunt11

HSC
hey adlinux thanks for the response, you completely answered my question
cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)