I am currently on 11 units studying:
  • English Adv
  • English Ext1
  • English Ext2
  • CAFS
  • Business
  • Legal
  • SOR1
I LOVE ext2 but despise ext1 and really want to drop them both because I just CANNOT DEAL with ext1. This means I would have to pick up an extra unit of SOR in order to be on 10 units.

My school has advised me not to go to 10 units but I really am struggling with ext1. I know I could purposely flunk it and just focus on my other units too?! Then at least I have a back up....I do really love SOR though and would enjoy 2 units I think.

SO;
I can either DROP ext1&2 and pick up SOR2 = 10 units
OR
Keep my current units & purposely flunk EXT1 = 11 units

HSC
N/A
To purposely perform bad in a subject is a risk you should probably avoid. This is because you never know what may happen with your other subjects.

That said, you should also do the subjects you like. Based on that, I would advise to drop Extension 1 & 2 English and pick up SOR 2 (since you mentioned you do enjoy SOR 1 and would probably enjoy SOR 2 as well).

The only problem with that is that you'll end up with 10 units, hence no backup (although none are needed provided you perform well in all of your subjects).

Another thing you could do if you want to ensure you have a backup unit is to have a tutor help you with English Extension 1. There are plenty of great English tutors out there and I'm sure you could benefit a lot.

Klone

HSC
Is it possible to just pick up SOR2 after only doing SOR1? I didn’t know that was an option.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Is it possible to just pick up SOR2 after only doing SOR1? I didn’t know that was an option.
I think you need to try and enjoy e1. Seek support from your teachers (that's what they're there for!!), invest in a tutor if needed. Take this time over the holidays to work on liking e1. Dropping both extension and taking up sor2 is dangerous as you will have only 10 units. Why compromise your e2 and having 11 units just because you aren't clicking with e1?

- also, have a look at some ext1 english holiday seminars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)