Major Study (1 Viewer)

Nicoleigh

I love dance! It helps that our class is small (3) and we get on so well with each other.
How big is your class? what things are happening with major?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
since we have a big performing arts unit there are actually 17 in our class but thats made up of accelerated year 11's as well. Most of our classes are in the morning but its good we all help each other out, Im considering dropping though cos of my workload, but Im allowed to continue classes (cos we sort of have other things incorporated into it--very hard to explain). We've got one girl choreographing the animated body it looks sooo cool!

Smarty_pants!

I though this was a dance forum, not a chat up room!

I want to ask serious questions about dance, considering the prac exams are in about 3 weeksS
i am soooooooooo scared!

tash

lalalala
HSC
hey how'd your performances go? apparently everyone got the same question for whatever part it was. my sis didn't think it was too bad but the girl who was dancing her composition forgot what she was doing so made some stuff up! the examiners wouldn't have noticed though

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by sar sar
bloody shits me that dance came in as a subject AFTER us.. i so would have done it

fucken board of studies

Dance has been in since 2001

~SArAh~B~

Well I did Major Performance and I know this thread came on ages ago... but how did you feel you went? I thought it was pretty good! The vivas were surprisingly easier than I expected. What do you think of Rooster and Ochres? What do you like better? Did you do Major Comp or Performance??? What was your core comp based on? Sorry thats heaps of questions in a row!! :)

Rinnybabe

Hey Sarah.B :)

I did major performance also, I was stoked with the Viva. It was kind of like, "Is that it?"... I was expecting some complicated question. All the girls from my school came out of the exam REALLY happy. Yeah so now with all the practials outa the way, there is only Appreciation. I love rooster. The music is great and the dancing is so entertaining I could watch it for hours! Ochres is a bit more complicated dont you think? Like the whole context and fusion of cultures. But its entertaining also. Our class has just finished studying other works of Christopher Bruce- now that was boring!
Core comp- was based on the frustration of being Itchy. I was pretty happy with the end result and my dancer was dedicated so that helped. What was your's on?
Also, your major what was your intent? or influence?
Mine was based on Joan Of Arc.

Okay, I think ive said my bit. Luv to hear from you :)

Luv,
Caryn Xx

chippie

my school didnt offer dance *cries*
I would of loved to of done it. The composition part sounds fabulous!!! Have you done it yet, if so how did you go? and if you havent, the best of luck to you!

ttw

im worried i wont find a dancer!!!

hi, i was just wondering if u can get a dancer, in the same year as u but not doing dance as a subject, and who doesnt go to our school, to do my dance for me because my school has a lack of dancers in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beksta

HSC
N/A
No, it states in the syllabus that the dancers have to be from your school.. they can be in any year

ttw

still confused

thanx but i did my sisters dance last year and i go to a different school, im so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beksta

HSC
N/A
hmm.. unless she studied through an outside tutor or through distance ed.. that should not have happened..

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Are you allowed to use the same music for major Composition and Core Composition? ans also the one of the same dancers and maybe some of the same Movements?

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
Dance idea

I am still tossing up between majoring in performance and composition. I was thinking about doing a composition dance on the idea of war and the hurt it brings those whoes loved ones die. Doing a two person dance... girl and boy.. but there are no male dancers at school and the music that gave me the idea is only 2:45 mins long. I dun no. everyone is doing performance.
My core performance is already done.. it's based on the four elements. my interpretation of it tho. Aboriginal style . All this other complicated stuff... i think i get the point accross. So what should i do ppl. Could i do a war sequence with two girls? think it might work. Like having the girl mimick his actions then pulling him back and showing the emotional struggle of love. Would it work? hmmm ne ways
ALSO does any former hsc dancers have notes on ochers. I have some notes.. but i don't think i have enough notes .
Thank u all
Alysha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)