Major Textiles Project (1 Viewer)

mele-3-4

HSC
im making a kimono as well actually, this makes me wonder just how many people are going to be doing something along the same lines, though mine is going to be more along the lines of textile art, with the way in which i am planning to make it...should be fun

just got the basic patterns i needed on wednesday, now i just have to alter them, oh the joy

Last edited:

Sophirr

HSC
mele-3-4 said:
im making a kimono as well actually, this makes me wonder just how many people are going to be doing something along the same lines, though mine is going to be more along the lines of textile art, with the way in which i am planning to make it...should be fun

just got the basic patterns i needed on wednesday, now i just have to alter them, oh the joy
Oh crap, yea me too.... I wonder how many people are making a Kimono.

shandon.smith

palmers island. heard of it? didnt think so...
HSC
shimmy&shine said:
What on earth do you mean by 'Haute Couture' gown? You can't be serious. Do you even know what that term means? I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but you can't just go around and say 'I designed a 'haute couture' gown. You are hardly at the level of Karl Lagerfeld. I mean, not even Alannah Hill can say that.
wow, you can definetley tell that you dropped textiles. im in year 11 and i know what that means. and also, if you say "i dont mean to sound like a bitch" please know what you are talking about before before you go on being a bitch.

boredmadeline

HSC
hey guys! so for my major textile project i am doing a wall hanging, and its gonna be like nature inspired.. but i was thinking that i really wanna make my portfolio A4 and complete every page on my computer.. i mean i am really good at photo editing, and i thought i could just do it all on the ocmputer using my editor ike that.. what does everyone think? can this be done?

georgia-ellen

HSC
hey guys! so for my major textile project i am doing a wall hanging, and its gonna be like nature inspired.. but i was thinking that i really wanna make my portfolio A4 and complete every page on my computer.. i mean i am really good at photo editing, and i thought i could just do it all on the ocmputer using my editor ike that.. what does everyone think? can this be done?

Yeah It definitely could. I'd still do A3 though, more effective. You can still get it printed in A3. If your school doesn't have an A3 printer/photocopier (I'd be surprised..ask a staff room) then just go to a printing store or something. Maybe ask Officeworks?

Cool idea for the major. I'm doing like.. it's hard to explain. It's textile art, but it's wearable. You know the dolls that are one side the Wolf and you flip it and it's Little Red Riding Hood? I'm making that in wearable form showing the cause and effects of environmental detriment. So one side will be all rigid, geometric, recycled industrial materials, and then you flip it upside down and it's all natural fibres, dip dyeing, embroidered and hand made flowers etc. Still working out the mechanics and altering my patterns.
Not sure if it will be too much. It's really more of an art concept than textiles major but it will hopefully be good. Any thoughts?

smilengymnast

HSC
i'm making a fabric birthday cake, with three tiers and candles and lots of flowers and sprinkles and icing

beejayelle

HSC
You know the dolls that are one side the Wolf and you flip it and it's Little Red Riding Hood? I'm making that in wearable form showing the cause and effects of environmental detriment. So one side will be all rigid, geometric, recycled industrial materials, and then you flip it upside down and it's all natural fibres, dip dyeing, embroidered and hand made flowers etc. Still working out the mechanics and altering my patterns.
That sounds so, so amazing. I am making a dress. just a simple dress, with no meaning behind it. Well, I am using only recycled fabrics, it is a wedding dress and I have bought old wedding dresses to make into something new and different. I have spend the past few months doing non stop embroidery and I finally finished that tonight.

I am more worried about the supporting documentation. I have always gone terrible in these sort of things. Can anyone recommenced a good site or book that will go into detail of what we need to do to get good marks in it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)