• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Major work subjects much? (1 Viewer)

Sophirr

HSC
Is anyone doing/ has done major work subjects because im trying to balance 3, art, textiles and drama and i don't know whether its do-able and to get a good uai or good results all up.

will it get heaps hectic? how can i balance this ontop of biology, adv. eng and mathematics....

Help? Ideas? talk to me.:read:

hjdougherty

HSC
i too would like to know this. im doing 3 major works also
because thats what the best of the best do ;) sophie
i think its do-able fo sure but balancing is getting pretty difficult, esp drama and textiles

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
my friend does society, drama, textiles and history extension.

i'd feel a bit sorry for her but, you know, she chose to do them.

trao06

HSC
haha i can't believe i nearly did extension 2 english, that would make 4 major works..

i have visual arts, music 1 and history extension.

i think i'd rather the major works than long exams =] you just need to space your time out i guess.

jirwin

HSC
i did 2 major works. would of been ok if art didnt stuff me around and tell me a month before that i basically had to start all over again.

my friend did 3 - art, textiles and dnt. she managed ok - did a lot of work for all three - like i mean extra stuff. she got good marks in dnt and textiles - dont know what she got for art but i believe it would of been higher then me (83). the only thing she lacked in was the diary for dnt but that was because she didnt do it regularly/consistently. whereas i did it at the end of each week or whatever and therefore was able to have it completed on time. for my friend she had textiles due and then a week later art/dnt.

zaqwerty

HSC
It's all about balance and managing your time. Allocate a different day of the week for each major work and work hard and for a significant amount of time on it. Whatever you do.. DON'T FALL BEHIND! Those extra few hours you put in at the start of the year will help DRAMATICALLY when it comes to the due date.

Oh and, some words of wisdom for art; keep it simple. Be smart. You don't really need to spend AGES on your major work if you are smart with the concept you choose to convey and the materials you choose to use. In theory, you could create your artwork in an hour and as long as it is innovative and conveys an intriguing concept, you can get amazing marks.

Good luck!

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
i'm doing 2 majors atm (history extension and extension 2 english) and i'm having MAJOR problems. history is fine, i'm still very interested in my topic and have done some nice research/drafting, but english.... chaos. i hate my concept and everything about it and i'm really close to dropping the subject altogether.

my mistake was, for eng, choosing a topic that i wasn't necessarily going to be interested throughout the year and i didn't start writing in the xmas holidays.

all the advice i can give is do something you really and honestly enjoy- you'll want to work on it. be consistent and have fun :eek:

gl :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)