Making Spring Balance (1 Viewer)

rowlom

HSC
Hey guys.... For my lastest fun filled physic assignment... our teacher wants us to make a spring balance..among other things... i was wondering if anyone had any goood original ideas... i know of the basic ones i was just wondering if any one had any new ones that they thought of??? So yeah Get back to me

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
i think it's hard to go wrong with a spring balance

the point of the task is seems to be to calculate the scale and work out the relationship between the forces and the distance the spring stretches.

if you get stuck, have a quick look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooke's_law

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
ianc said:
i think it's hard to go wrong with a spring balance

the point of the task is seems to be to calculate the scale and work out the relationship between the forces and the distance the spring stretches.

if you get stuck, have a quick look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooke's_law
F = - kx and friends were out of the syllabus a while ago ...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
ianc said:
but just for fun......and believe it or not people - there is actually more to physics beyond the realms of the hsc syllabus!!
Vind = - dΦ/dt as my teacher says for induced voltage, when he could simply say (especially to the General Maths student in our class) Vind = - ΔΦ/Δt ... Induced voltage is equal to the rate of change of flux over time coz diffrentation is the rate of change ... same goes for a = dx/dt, when it should be a = Δs/Δt ...

Omit the calculus plz and the Extension 1 trigonometry for projectile motion, I often get frustrated by this extra-curricular stuff.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah, i know how you feel, cos last year i only wanted to know the syllabus and not one thing more!

but if you go onto first year physics at uni, even for a semester, calculus really is an important tool in physics.......also you should be used to it because you do 3unit maths, with that topic of Applications to the Physical World

In fact, first year physics is really nothing like HSC Physics, and more like 3 unit maths, in that it is entirely based on solving problems, often having to integrate/differentiate

so i guess im just trying to say try not to close yourself off from stuff just because you don't need to know it now, because chances are it will help later on

good luck!!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
If I have to, I want to do Engineering, either Telecommunications or Electrical ...
but I question my Mathematical capability (especially Further Trigonometry, Mathematical Induction, Circle Geometry and so on) ...
I just hope financial maths isnt a big part of engineering ... I'm fine with calculus ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)