• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

many questions about individual perfomance (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
im gunna be starting yr 11 this year n i was wondering, what is the individual performance project like?? for anyone whos already done it before, or is doing it now, did/do u like it? would u reccomend it? i know its probly a little early 2 be worrying about it, but i really really want 2 do performance for the hsc so i wanted 2 know how other people find it. Do u have any suggestions for creating a really good performance?

Also, just one other question - the marking criteria says that the individual performance has to be a "complete theatrical statement" What does that mean, exactly?? i asked my teacher but she kinda confused me with wat she said. How do u ensure that the piece is a complete statement and not just a detached monologue with no meaning? if someone could tell me wat the term means id really appreciate it :p

aimstar555

HSC
well, i did performace 4 drama, i guess it you've got more time compared to if you were doin a project eg: video, set desgin ect cause you gotta be SUPER organised.
um...yeah i loved doin performance. suggestions....research early, find somthing that's challenging yet doable and can be pulled off in front of an audience of ANY type, and get HEAPS OF ADVICE/CONSRUCTIVE CRITSIM from ya teacher/classmates/dog ect cause not only can you put it in ya logbook, you can get an audiences perspective and can make corrections/improvments etc.

um...with the statement part, which also needs to be a part of ya rationale (300 word bit that goes @ the back of the logbook) basically means ya piece has to take the audience on a journey, providing light and shade (so that the examinors don't fall asleep) and through the use of theatrical devices your character and/or piece is making a statement about themselves/a situation etc etc. i hope that makes sense. hope that helps. peace out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)