• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Markers rules for estimations (1 Viewer)

chin music

HSC
N/A
If anyone has the past HSC papers look at 1996 q 10(b)(ii). The question asks u to estimate a value but the answers give 1.5 specifically. Then youre meant to use the estimation for the next question. Does anyone know how the markers treat it if u get like 1.6 or 1.4. Surely they cant mark it wrong but then youd get the next one wrong. Or do they still mark it right if u get the next one right for your estimated value (eg. 1.4 or 1.6)?

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
chin music said:
If anyone has the past HSC papers look at 1996 q 10(b)(ii). The question asks u to estimate a value but the answers give 1.5 specifically. Then youre meant to use the estimation for the next question. Does anyone know how the markers treat it if u get like 1.6 or 1.4. Surely they cant mark it wrong but then youd get the next one wrong. Or do they still mark it right if u get the next one right for your estimated value (eg. 1.4 or 1.6)?
It's called "correct from previous answer". Generally, this can happen with any questions that have several parts. Even if you got a previous part wrong, you can still get full marks for the following parts if your processes are correct.

HSC
What if they ask you to round your answer to 3 decimal places and then require you to use the value in a calculation in the next part.

e.g In an Exp. Growth + Decay Q,
They ask you to find k, to 4 decimal places

then ask you to find a value, Do you use the exact value, or the value you just found??!?

word.

HSC
use the exact value. it should still be on your calc screen anyway ...

Ghost1788

HSC
what i would do...

part one say.. find e2 to 2 dp

e2
= 7.389056099------------------ by calculator
= 7.39(2dp)

in the next question it might ask

e2/4 to 2 dp
using exact value from part i - by calc

e2/4
=1.847264025
=1.85 (2dp)

yes i know that was a really bad example..but i place emphasis on the comments

roadcone

HSC
in exponential growth and decay just write where k= ln 6 / 8 (for example) next to the first time you use the equation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)