• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

marking discrepencies (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, i handed in a heap of reports for bio, which then 'disappeared', so i handed them in again and the biology lab coordinator (who is also my demonstrator) marked them for me.
my reports have since been found and remarked by someone else.
my first mark is the original mark i got (from the lab coordinator) and the second mark is the new mark (presumably from one of the assistant demonstrators)
78/95
70/90
65/88

so my question is, why the hell is there such a big discrepency in marks depending on who marks it? i mean, dont get me wrong, im stoked with my marks and all that, but its more than just a little worrying that this is going on.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
You can always use these marking discrepencies to your full advantage next time if you ever get a bad mark. :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jm1234567890
that is a pretty damn big discrepency..

You can refer it to the dean of school
yeah...i mean its unfair if stuff like that is happenning, i mean i could understand a few marks, but 20+? thats just not on.

Originally posted by santaslayer
She wouldn't because all her marks are higher now!
lol!!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Go find out who marked your stuff the second time and enroll in every possible subject that she/he marks... :D and avoid all classes the first person marks.

Some people mark hard all the time while others mark notoriously easy... so exploit that.

I know for a fact that how a marker is feeling at that very moment is an important factor of what mark you get. If you're marker has just been given a bunch of roses for her birthday and has just spent the last couple of hours watching dvd's and eating shapes biscuits, i'll guarantee you that you'd be getting a higher mark than if your stuff was marked after they've just found out that they couldn't pay their share of the rent because their pay hasn't come through yet.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Story time...

During my first year, the bio lecturer was quite blunt in telling one student that even though another marker gave the report in question a 10, he would have put down a 4. Gold.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah it's luck, even though they say it's not. it was better at school because everything was marked by the same person or double marked

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Hi, Jess! :)

Gary is doing his best to lure you into a room with him in private so he can seduce you .... I guess you're just playing hard to get for him, eh? :D

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
another story time...

in one of my phyics tutes the tutor, told a student the only reason you got 10 is so that I can say everyone got 10 in my tue to the other tutors for once. you probablly only deserved 6.

lol lucky bastard

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cyph
Hi, Jess! :)

Gary is doing his best to lure you into a room with him in private so he can seduce you .... I guess you're just playing hard to get for him, eh? :D
do not go there! seriously! given its gary, thats just wrong! and i have no doubt he would do any girl just so long as he could get his jolies. me included. but it aint happenning!

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Ohh, you're in denial! ;)

Are you finding it hard to resist him, Jess? :D

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
maybe they adjusted the marks because everyone went crap in the assignments...knowing my friends that do bio, that seems like an entirely feasible explaination :p

On a serious note though...well fucking done :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by clive
maybe they adjusted the marks because everyone went crap in the assignments...knowing my friends that do bio, that seems like an entirely feasible explaination :p

On a serious note though...well fucking done :D
thankyou.
but its not the effects of scaling...well if it is, it hasnt affected any of my friends.

Ribbon

I like this idea where they scale up your marks and leave everyone elses the same... I wish they would adopt that policy at anu :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)