• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

marks released @ 2pm (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
so hows everyone feeling about the marks being released tomorrow (friday 16th)?
frankly, to quote an australian idol contestant (how sad am i) "packing it would be an understatement"
so whats the go with changing the release time? originally it was going to be 8am, now its 2pm..
if you go to http://studinfo1.newcastle.edu.au/exams/results.cfm you should be able to find them there, if you cant be bothered looking for a link.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I'm prepared for the worst. Normally I think I've failed every exam, this time I only think I've failed one. That's progress!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
how do you reckon you went in bio?
i know i got full marks on john aitkens bit, the rest im not too sure...i think i bombed michael linichs written section, but thats to be expected.
haha, i had a total blank in the exam and could not for the life of me think what symbiosis was :shy: i think i made something up. lol.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
frankly, to quote an australian idol contestant (how sad am i) "packing it would be an understatement"
so whats the go with changing the release time? originally it was going to be 8am, now its 2pm..
if you go to http://studinfo1.newcastle.edu.au/exams/results.cfm you should be able to find them there, if you cant be bothered looking for a link.
The anticipation has been killing me. It gives me the shits that the marks are coming out at 2pm rather than 8am. I have been having recurring dreams about my marks (In one dream i dreamt my marks were: 100,92 and 80 :p but somehow i don't think i will do that well :D) Some good results would really brighten my week. I got my fucking wallet stolen last night as well as being hit in the head from behind which resulted in an overnight hospital stay :(

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
shit, man! You have had a bad week... full details or what happened and where, etc.?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I had just came out of 7-11 at around 1am and was walking towards crown and anchor i think. And the next thing i can really recall is the ambulance being there. I was pretty drunk, but not drunk enough not to know what was happening, so i think i must just have been king hit from behind and knocked out or concussed. It's freaky how about an hour of my night is just a haze. Stupid fuck(s?) that stole my wallet only scored $15 though which wasn't too bad. I got taken to the Mater and stayed there the night for observation and walked back to my place at 9am. I was lucky that the only damage i picked up was a bruised shoulder and a slightly swollen eye :) I guess i will just have to be more careful in the future

Last edited:

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Shit... sorry to hear about that, evilc.. I hope you're feeling better, and I hope those bastards get the $15 stolen off them. :p

how do you reckon you went in bio?
To sum it up: Aitken's rules, mitosis rules, gram-staining rules, monkeys suck, photosynthesis sucks and Eileen is sexy.

I'm hoping for a pass.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you did not just call Eileen sexy! please tell me my eyes are deceiving me with that post!
photosynthesis...HAHAHA. sorry, just thinking, namely about Gary.
just be greatful you guys had Eileen for the big block, instead of Michael, he was one of those people who just should not be lecturing (if you know anyone that did 1120, ask them about it, they'll know what im on about)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
So just out of curiousity, which parts of our exam differed?

From what I remember, we had the 15 M/C of photosynthesis, labelling of animal/bacterial cell, short answers on natural selection, cells and the like, the chi-square questions, HIV-1 and HIV-2 questions, p53 question, mitosis labelling, cell communication labelling and sperm labelling.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
we had the 25 m/c on gary/eileen/michaels section (michael did all the genetics stuff in that big block after the holidays, when you had eileen)
then we had hugh dunstans section, which would have been the same as yours
then a written bit on michaels stuff
then the cell bio of fertilization bit.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, i dunno what we did (as i said, michael was crap. we did about 938 punnet squares and that was pretty much it), but there was nothing to do with HIV or anything in ours.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
evilc said:
I had just came out of 7-11 at around 1am and was walking towards crown and anchor i think. And the next thing i can really recall is the ambulance being there. I was pretty drunk, but not drunk enough not to know what was happening, so i think i must just have been king hit from behind and knocked out or concussed. It's freaky how about an hour of my night is just a haze. Stupid fuck(s?) that stole my wallet only scored $15 though which wasn't too bad. I got taken to the Mater and stayed there the night for observation and walked back to my place (at uni) at 9am. I was lucky that the only damage i picked up was a bruised shoulder and a slightly swollen eye :) I guess i will just have to be more careful in the future

Ahh, that's fucked man. King hit from behind for what seems to be no reason? Any of your mates with you when it happened?

I worked at Crown & Anchor for about a month doing security and thought it was good there because there was little trouble and it wasn't boring.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
evilc said:
I had just came out of 7-11 at around 1am and was walking towards crown and anchor i think. And the next thing i can really recall is the ambulance being there. I was pretty drunk, but not drunk enough not to know what was happening, so i think i must just have been king hit from behind and knocked out or concussed. It's freaky how about an hour of my night is just a haze. Stupid fuck(s?) that stole my wallet only scored $15 though which wasn't too bad. I got taken to the Mater and stayed there the night for observation and walked back to my place (at uni) at 9am. I was lucky that the only damage i picked up was a bruised shoulder and a slightly swollen eye :) I guess i will just have to be more careful in the future
damn, i was at the crown and anchor at that time last night. That sucks, and it's a bit alarming that people would knock someone out to rob them when there are so many people around. wtf?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, its pretty fucking bad. Two guys that i know got robbed and whacked in the same fashion as myself walking in between the brewery and customs a few weeks ago

EDIT: 500 woo! :D

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
.:: EXAM RESULTS - Unavailable

Currently, EXAM RESULTS is unavailable due to the following reason:

Reason:
This system is unavailable while scheduled maintenance is carried out.

Downtime:
To: 16-Jul-2004 at 08:55 AM
Period Down: 1 hour, 25 minutes

Try Again at 16-Jul-2004 at 08:55 AM (Current Server Time: 16-Jul-2004 08:24 AM)

so does that mean the results will be out at 8:55am ??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
who knows...but jess will be checking, for sure.
im at the point now that i dont care what my marks are, i just want to know them.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
10 Available: Friday, 16 July, 2004 2:00pm

:( Looks like we have to wait till 2pm

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Nope, they are not out yet:(. I have been wanting to know my results for the past month:).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
anyone else trying to prepare themselves incase they see 'FF'...scary thought!
not long now!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)