• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Master of Information Systems + IT Degree? (1 Viewer)

Reimondo

Hi,

Im after some advice in regards to taking a Master of Information Management course.

Ive just finished my Honours degree in computer science/IT at UWA last year. Im interested in doing some further studies in the field of commerce/business and so Im considering enrolling for a Masters of Information Management at UWA, which is a 1-year course. http://www.imm.ecel.uwa.edu.au/imm/M_in_IM.htm

Has anyone done or know any other people who are doing a Masters in Info Management or a related course? What is your view on the usefulness/benefits of this course combined with an IT/comp sci degree? ie. in terms of employment prospects

Any other advice in regards to this course and any other general feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Raymond

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

Well since u've just graduated with honours, I don't think the opinions of people on this forum would be appropriate...(most of us here are 2nd or 3rd year students)
however, I suggest u visit a major library and find a copy of the Good Uni's Guide - Postgraduate degrees 2004
that should give u some stats on the Masters degree u are deciding on, such as employment figures, starting salaries and quality of teaching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)