math love (2 Viewers)

redrhino54

HSC
N/A
i like this girl i sit next to in maths but i don't think she 'swings that way' and im worried because im graduating in a couple of weeks and i might not see her much anymore. what should i do? too soon to hsc?

T

Testpilot

Let un be a series of positive terms, cn be a convergent series and dn be a divergent series. If limn→∞ (un/cn)=l the un converges to l. If limn→∞ (un/dn)>0 or limn→∞ (un/dn)=∞ then un diverges.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Put your hand on her back, lean over as if to look at her work while softly breathing on her neck. Then lean over and kiss the side of her neck using lots of tongue. If that doesn't work she's made of ice.

T

Testpilot

Exphate said:
Are you seriously considering using the Comparison Test?

Shame on you.

D'Alembert's is where it's at.
I wasn't sure if girl on girl action was a p series.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Exphate said:
Ultimately it could come down to the excellent most loved mathematical pick up line ever

- Clothes
+ Bed
Divide legs
Multiply.

4 steps to instant sexual gradification.
lmao. Heard this when I was like bloody 10 years old. It's sooooo gayyyy.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Let

f(x) = x4 + x3 + x2 + x + 1.

Find the remainder when f(x5) is divided by f(x).

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Exphate said:
Proofs

This theorem may have more known proofs than any other (the law of quadratic reciprocity being also a contender for that distinction); the book Pythagorean Proposition, by Elisha Scott Loomis, contains 367 proofs.
Some arguments based on trigonometric identities (such as Taylor series for sine and cosine) have been proposed as proofs for the theorem. However, since all the fundamental trigonometric identities are proved using the Pythagorean theorem, there cannot be any trigonometric proof. (See also begging the question.)
http://community.boredofstudies.org/
Proof using similar triangles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Proof-Pythagorean-Theorem.svghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Proof-Pythagorean-Theorem.svg
Proof using similar triangles

Like many of the proofs of the Pythagorean theorem, this one is based on the proportionality of the sides of two similar triangles.
Let ABC represent a right triangle, with the right angle located at C, as shown on the figure. We draw the altitude from point C, and call H its intersection with the side AB. The new triangle ACH is similar to our triangle ABC, because they both have a right angle (by definition of the altitude), and they share the angle at A, meaning that the third angle will be the same in both triangles as well. By a similar reasoning, the triangle CBH is also similar to ABC. The similarities lead to the two ratios:
As
so
These can be written as
Summing these two equalities, we obtain
In other words, the Pythagorean theorem:
This is how you do it:

Proposition: Let V be an inner-product space, and v, w in V. If v is orthogonal to w, then ||v+w||² = ||v||² + ||w||². More generally, if v1, v2...vn in V, and vi is orthogonal to vj wherever i is not equal to j, then

||(sum from 1 to n) vi ||² = (sum from 1 to n) ||vi||².

Proof:

First we prove for 2 vectors v, w, then we will prove the rest by induction.
If v is orthogonal to w, then (v|w) = 0
so ||v+2||² = (v+w|v+w)
= (v|v) + (v|w) + (w|v) + (w|w)
= (v|v) + (w|w)
= ||v||² + ||w||².

Suppose ||(sum from 1 to k) vi ||² = (sum from 1 to k) ||vi||²
then ||(sum from 1 to k+1) vi ||² = ||(sum from 1 to k) vi + vk+1||²
= ||(sum from 1 to k) vi || + ||vk+1||²
= (sum from 1 to k+1) ||vi||². little white square thingy.

bos srsly needs latex compatiblity

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
My algebra tutor last semester had a function that drew a love heart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)