• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MATH1002/1902 Discussion 2005 (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys, I noticed there was one of these last year so I decided to create another one for this year, discuss your linear algebra problems here:)

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
today's lecture was a revision of wat we did in the first week of HSC physics. so, so far nothing hard.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
nah...not really. the doc was just talking about the general course structure and stuff....besides...there wasn't anything new to worry about. the vectors we did today was from hsc physics.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I loved it how the guy went on about how axioms were unimportant and we didn't need to know them, but then went on to state and prove them in vector form.:-/

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
that guy was a geek, who made geek jokes, which only geeks laughed at
i hate maths already

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gordo said:
that guy was a geek, who made geek jokes, which only geeks laughed at
i hate maths already
KC Wong (the aerospace lecturer) was worse:S

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
at least he made jokes that weren't related to axioms, or pure v applied mathemeticians though

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
we only touched on that, just adding or minusing two complex numbers, i have a feeling its gonna be alot harder

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You reackon year 11 physics was enough. Try doing statics such as in Engineering Studies. I have done graphical addition of vectors and analytical vectors enough for me to want to eat that book page by page.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
aim54x said:
y "go VSU"? did u hear how that will effect ppl. if VSU is est, that means we will all lose out, less facilities 4 all. its like voluntary tax, everyone would not pay them thus no services from the gov.
That's a very narrowminded view on the subject. I have my reasons, and I've outlined them in the politics forum.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
aim54x said:
y "go VSU"? did u hear how that will effect ppl. if VSU is est, that means we will all lose out, less facilities 4 all. its like voluntary tax, everyone would not pay them thus no services from the gov.
Oh c'mon - surely you can keep politics out of a maths thread?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
kekeke, it gets harder =)

btw any thing has its up's and down's, really depend on how much do u weigh the ups and downs...

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I've never done vectors b4, but the lecturer explained them pretty well, so i actually understood what was going on

although when he was doing the notation(cause he uses running writing), I thought that |v| looked like |N| and so i got a bit confused until i looked at the guy's book next to me and realised my mistake!

SeDaTeD

HSC
I actually didn't mind the pure maths perspective. Didn't bother writing anything down so far for linear algebra. Darn lecture notes, cost me $27. And the vecotrs stuff is alredy covered in a claculus text i have. blahh.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
is it alway full house over there(carslaw)., i was like five minutes late and then the place is packed to the max, had sit on stairs like some hobo.....well,i look like hobo pretty much all the time but thats not the point.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)