math1141 or math1131 (1 Viewer)

mp3mojo

i was jus wonderin, which maths should i do.

i was reading the past paper Qs for math1141 & it looks so complicated, so i thought i mite change to math1131.

so i went to one of the math1131 lectures today, & there is such a BIG difference between the two.

now i dunno wat to do...

people doin math1141, do u understand the past papers for math1141??

Mill

HSC
I don't think you are supposed to yet. I remember when I was in year 11 deciding whether or not to do 4u (having finished the 3u HSC course) and I looked at a paper and thought it looked insane. Then I did it and it was so completely not insane. There will always be those "Question 8s" but the theory was as easy as any other. So what I'm saying is it should look hard because you haven't done it yet.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I agree with Mill, give it time. You won't reallly know if you can cope untill after the first assesment.

mp3mojo

but apparently the class tests are the same for math1141 & math1131...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by mp3mojo
but apparently the class tests are the same for math1141 & math1131...
I'm not sure with the class tests, but I know the final tests have some common elements, but some questions are different.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by McLake

I'm not sure with the class tests, but I know the final tests have some common elements, but some questions are different.
the class tests for 1141 wud include Qs from the areas marked [X] but thats not so for 1131. in the final exam, 4 Qs are in common for both the papers, wheras Q 5, 6 are different.

mp3mojo

Da monstar, i think ur talkin about the end of session (final) exam

mp3mojo

i mean also for the first part

cos if u look at the past class tests dat r in the course packs, they say math1131/math1141 so i think it's for both.... but i could be wrong...

dats quite unfair to the math1131 students too...

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by mp3mojo
i mean also for the first part

cos if u look at the past class tests dat r in the course packs, they say math1131/math1141 so i think it's for both.... but i could be wrong...

dats quite unfair to the math1131 students too...
But the questions in the book are marked normal or harder maths

btw, I think its until the end of next week that you are allowed to change subjects

Last edited:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
who thinks the computing notes booklet has evil powers?

has anyone read their computing notes booklet for maths and found it extremely boring? Im trying to read mine, but I swear it some sort of power over me 'cause after a few lines my eyelids start to get really heavy, I start blacking out and the next thing I know I cant stay awake. I think the book is trying to make uni harder than it already is with its evil powers:devil:

:read: + :evilfire: = :sleep:

dvse

HSC
N/A
I suggest you stay with MATH1141 as it makes it much easier to obtain a really good mark ( 90+), thanks to the wacky scaling system.

The exams aren't much more difficult either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)