• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MATH1231/MATH1241 - Mathematics 1B / Higher Mathematics 1B (1 Viewer)

MATHCOC (MATHSOC - math society) ??

• I am doing/did MATH1231 + Calculus is better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am doing/did MATH1241 + Algebra is better + have SH10

• I am doing/did MATH1241 + Calculus is better

• Total voters

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
It's 6 weeks and now everyone should be into this and have a good idea about it.

Poll vote choices go as:

- Did you do or are you doing MATH1231/MATH1241?
- Is Algebra or Calculus better?
- Did you buy/steal/borrow or one way or another possess the prescribed textbook? (Sallas Hille Etgen Calculus One And Several Variables 10th Edition, abbreviated as SH10 in poll)

The final exam is now worth a bloody 68% and our good friends doing optometry, vision, medical or biological sciences have now left plus we have some new set of lecturers while Chi, calculus Peter and algebra Peter is back.

What do you think?

EDIT: From now on unless you want to burn in a fire, all poll options must display who voted.

Rock On

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Theyre both fucked. Blennefaggot is so shit at teaching, and i got no idea wtf chi mak is saying, i personally blame both of them at the fact that i will fail maths this semester.

Last time, in math1131, i had milan pahor for algebra and blennefaggot for calculus, milan is such an awesome teacher, he made everything look so easy!!!!!! I got 55 for math1131, probably all the algebra and a tiny bit of easy calculus.

But this time i am truly screwed...
I cant wait till the CATEI stuff opens, chi mak is going down!!! And i strongly urge others who share my annoyance of him to give him shitty ratings too, he shouldnt be allowed to lecture if people dont know what he's saying!!!!!!!

Btw, am i alone, or are there others who also do not understand what chi mak ever says?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
hmm..pahor was my math bridging course tutor/lecturer and he was da bist hohoho

but then I had angel + mak for math last semester and got so turned off i skipped lectures and studied from the notes instead.

Quite suprised I passed actually

BTW i'm postponing math 1b for later, maybe summer or next year. I have other priorities at the moment

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Omie Jay said:
Theyre both fucked. Blennefaggot is so shit at teaching, and i got no idea wtf chi mak is saying, i personally blame both of them at the fact that i will fail maths this semester.

Last time, in math1131, i had milan pahor for algebra and blennefaggot for calculus, milan is such an awesome teacher, he made everything look so easy!!!!!! I got 55 for math1131, probably all the algebra and a tiny bit of easy calculus.

I cant wait till the CATEI stuff opens, chi mak is going down!!! And i strongly urge others who share my annoyance of him to give him shitty ratings too, he shouldnt be allowed to lecture if people dont know what he's saying!!!!!!!

Btw, am i alone, or are there others who also do not understand what chi mak ever says?
This is the reason why i want to become a professor/lecturer.

RIGHT now i reckon i could do a better job than most of the tutors, and some lecturers.

Most of them seem to have lost passion for the job a long time ago.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Omie Jay said:

AHAHAHAHHAAA Blennefaggot
holy shit i almost LOLed in RL enough to disturb everyones progress here
As for me I just missed out on a credit

i heard from a friend chi mak is bad and good in different areas.

btw Milan Pahor is currently on holidays but he was spotted on campus earlier this semester, but this guy deserves a break.
I hope he comes back next year for MATH2019 (Engineering Maths 2E)

darkwolfzx said:
hmm..pahor was my math bridging course tutor/lecturer and he was da bist hohoho

but then I had angel + mak for math last semester and got so turned off i skipped lectures and studied from the notes instead.

Quite suprised I passed actually

BTW i'm postponing math 1b for later, maybe summer or next year. I have other priorities at the moment
he doesnt seem to have a special title like Doctor or something and he knows how to teach :)

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
MATH1231/1241 algebra is the easiest out of first yr maths i think

not that the other stuff is especially hard - but there's just hardly anything to remember in s2 algebra which was awesome

SH10 is useless unless you really like maths and want to know more about stuff. the lecturers will tell you everything you need to know for exams

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Well i phailed...

How did everyone else go?

by the way, if anyone was in the panorama room, i was the guy who left 30 mins early (blue grey stripy tshirt, jeans, sporting a study beard), i didnt see anyone else leave, and i was wondering if everyone was staring at me as i walked out...:uhoh:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: MATH1231/MATH1241 - Mathematics 1B / Higher Mathematics 1B

Omie Jay said:
Well i phailed...

How did everyone else go?

by the way, if anyone was in the panorama room, i was the guy who left 30 mins early (blue grey stripy tshirt, jeans, sporting a study beard), i didnt see anyone else leave, and i was wondering if everyone was staring at me as i walked out...:uhoh:
Well it was alright and shit well I hope I can get credit because I predict mechanics is gayshit.

my head was down thumbs down i was solving those fucken subspaces, linear maps, series and integrals like a cunt so no i didnt see you.

blue grey stipy shirt - lol i wore something similar
jeans - havent worn in a while
study bear - i hate facial hair i shave at least every week

new years resolution for uni -
dress up like a disheveled teen cunt/bopper when i like

but wait till prelim marks then we'll see if we r gonna weep or shout in glory

nexu

HSC
Chi Mak is a great lecturer. It's just a pity he had to be before Blennerhassett in the morning and after him in the afternoon.

But I swear Blennerhassett is a total douschebag. I wonder how long he has teaching. Cause he deserves to be kicked. Had him for 1131 too. Only managed a 71 thanks to doing all algebra. Only did 5 chapters of calculus and still dont know what cosh sinh tanh is.

I can't believe maths faculty doesn't allow worked solutions. I don't think the lecturer in-charge aka our good friend Blannerhasset wants anyone to pass. I asked my tutor for calculus if I could borrow her solutions and copy them. She said it was fine but the next week she said she wasnt allowed by the faculty.

DIAF MATHS

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

nexu said:
Chi Mak is a great lecturer. It's just a pity he had to be before Blennerhassett in the morning and after him in the afternoon.

But I swear Blennerhassett is a total douschebag. I wonder how long he has teaching. Cause he deserves to be kicked. Had him for 1131 too. Only managed a 71 thanks to doing all algebra. Only did 5 chapters of calculus and still dont know what cosh sinh tanh is.

I can't believe maths faculty doesn't allow worked solutions. I don't think the lecturer in-charge aka our good friend Blannerhasset wants anyone to pass. I asked my tutor for calculus if I could borrow her solutions and copy them. She said it was fine but the next week she said she wasnt allowed by the faculty.

DIAF MATHS
Blennerhasset's notes contain so much stuff it's not funny and you are better off studying from the course notes for calculus.
He also gives "tips" which no one really gives a shit about.

This generation doesn't give much of a shit about the fine intimate details of maths being taught, we want to get straight to the point which Blennerhasset doesn't always do.

What is this worked solutions you speak of?
For the tutorials?

nexu

HSC
worked solutions that really should have been provided when we purchased the $55 maths notes.

my tutor did all the questions with working which i really wanted to copy but she was not allowed to

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

nexu said:
worked solutions that really should have been provided when we purchased the $55 maths notes.

my tutor did all the questions with working which i really wanted to copy but she was not allowed to
maybe its to promote tutorial attendace ... i dunno ...

but yes worked solutions would have been really nice

nexu

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: MATH1231/MATH1241 - Mathematics 1B / Higher Mathematics 1B

Tutes can't cover all questions and only 1 or 2 people in the tute class are up to date and have done the questions. I was always 2 chapters behind and couldnt catch up and the maths faculty didn't really do much for me to catch up

cwalker

HSC
blennefaggot is the biggest cocksucker for life
that dickhead deserves to be burnt to death
he fucking cant teach for shit
keeps talking about useless stuff with fucking no explanation
and gives out his fucking trash notes that NO ONE i mean NO ONE wants to even LOOK AT! cos they are so SHIT!!!!!!!!
he thinks he is so good but everyone hates him HAHAHAHA
some tutors are also fucking wanks
they dont even follow the guideline but instead do whatever the fuck they want and think whatever the fuck they want
fucking unsw math
is fail
just like the entire uni

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
blennefaggot is the biggest cocksucker for life
that dickhead deserves to be burnt to death
he fucking cant teach for shit
keeps talking about useless stuff with fucking no explanation
and gives out his fucking trash notes that NO ONE i mean NO ONE wants to even LOOK AT! cos they are so SHIT!!!!!!!!
he thinks he is so good but everyone hates him HAHAHAHA
some tutors are also fucking wanks
they dont even follow the guideline but instead do whatever the fuck they want and think whatever the fuck they want
fucking unsw math
is fail
just like the entire uni
i'd agree with you

but im not and am going to tell you to shut the fuck up and self teach.

the notes in the coursepack are a godsend.

stop being a little bitch

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah looking back on it, it wouldnt be too hard to teach yourself the topics.

also, check out chris tisdells youtube channel, its handy.

shaon0

HSC
yeah looking back on it, it wouldnt be too hard to teach yourself the topics.

also, check out chris tisdells youtube channel, its handy.
Yeah, self-teaching is really easy as the topics are pretty simple and usually easy to grasp (in regards to math1151). Hence, i haven't attended any lectures since week 2. However, my lecturers are pretty smart (Tran and Du) even though they are hard to understand sometimes lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)