Mathematics tutor (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Who has a tutor for 2U math? Do you find they help alot?

I got 20/34 for my last math assessment on the 2nd derivative and ranked 39/58. I find that exams are always so much harder than the questions in the textbook. We use the jones and couchman book...is it to easy? I thought I was understanding the topic as the homework was really easy for me.

Today I bought the 2U fitzpatrick off my friend. Will it help. My parents said I can have a tutor.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I don't have a tutor, personaly it doesn't help me, but I know friends who have really benefited from having a tutor teaching them. Depends on how hard you work.

I used the fitzpatrick 2 unit book last year and found that it was a damn good textbook for 2 unit. I haven't used the jones and couchman book but I would say the fitzpatrick book is a good book for 2 unit

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

I have a 3u and 4u teacher, and I find it easier to have alreayd learnt the topics in tutor so then you can digest easier when you come to learning at school

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I really do hope it works...I like maths and want to go well in it...I think the text book is to simple. I can do all the questions without a problem.

Raginsheep

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I find that exams are always so much harder than the questions in the textbook. We use the jones and couchman book...is it to easy? I thought I was understanding the topic as the homework was really easy for me.
Unless you're only doing the 1st few questions, thats pretty surprising because I find that textbooks have questions which scale to much higher difficulties than that in tests. Find another textbook and do the harder questions from there until you are proficient in those. I used the Cambridge textbook and you should probably be able to do all of the developemnt and the 2nd section. Don't worry about the last "extension" questions.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Loz_metalhead said:
Today I bought the 2U fitzpatrick off my friend. Will it help. My parents said I can have a tutor.
That book will give you plenty of questions to practise the topics, there are also the challenge questions for when you feel you've mastered the topic or know it well. It also has questions with varying difficulty, the first few obviously will be simple ones, development expand on the topic and are generally harder, challenge speaks for itself.

MathsTutor

HSC
Hi,

My name is Kushal, currently in 3rd year BE in Electrical Eng at UNSW. If you wish I am willing to tutor you in Mathematics and Chemistry by explaining you the fundamental concepts in simple terms (same techniques I used for my own self studies which enabled me to maintain a Weighted Mean Average of 87, HD............. with minimal effort!).

If you are interested please give me a call 0432522648.

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
i always liked fitzpatrick, but an even better book is the success one series - past hsc questions with worked solutions are always handy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)