Maths 2001 Solutions (1 Viewer)

Wahlito

Does anyone know if i can download these? The marking guidelines that are avaliable from Board of Studies are quite useless and just say things like "most candidates did/didnt do well in this question

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I don't think they're available online, but you could post specific questions that you need solutions for.

Rahul

Dead Member
see if you can get hold of the success one book for 3u. :)

worked solutions from 87-02 :)

also the green book of past papers by mansw should also have worked solutions

-X-

HSC
N/A
Ok i also need answers for a specific question in 2001. The question is 8 c i. Im not going to post the questions cause u need the diagram etc... The SP package for 2001 maths is really fucked up i recon. All the band 6 answers are different to each other.

haz_it_all

ok 8c) 2001 HSC answer is as follows:
i) dy/dx is max at the narrowest point so at ~2cms
dy/dx is min at the 'fattest' point so at ~7cms (think of it like ur pouring water in a narraw tube, its gunna fill up quicker than pouring water in a wide tube rite)
iii) it takes 5secs to fill the glass....therefore t=5, y=10 :)
and we kno that concavity changes at y=2 and y=7 cuz we jus did it in part (i) so yeh jus gotta draw the graph now and it shuld look it does in the answers :)

-X-

HSC
N/A
thanks allot haz it all. :) For part i, the SP package had different answers (Band 6 ppl).

cakes

hi
HSC
i just did the 2001 maths paper... i can't get the same answer for Q10 B ii as the solutions!!!
i think they sub'd theta back into an equation that's wrong (or maybe i did ) but they had 8tan, when i think it shouldve been 8+tan.... can someone tell me if i did something wrong? =\

Originally posted by haz_it_all
ok 8c) 2001 HSC answer is as follows:
i) dy/dx is max at the narrowest point so at ~2cms
dy/dx is min at the 'fattest' point so at ~7cms (think of it like ur pouring water in a narraw tube, its gunna fill up quicker than pouring water in a wide tube rite)
iii) it takes 5secs to fill the glass....therefore t=5, y=10 :)
and we kno that concavity changes at y=2 and y=7 cuz we jus did it in part (i) so yeh jus gotta draw the graph now and it shuld look it does in the answers :)
how do u draw the curve? like, how do you know whether it starts concave up or concave down?

cakes

hi
HSC
Originally posted by Wahlito
Where can i get the 2001 solutions? The link that was posted was of the 2000 HSC solutions.

i bought a book full of past hsc papers with solutions... its umm, green...i dont know where you could download it from, sorry :confused:

if you were after a particular question, i might be able to help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)