Maths (2unit) (1 Viewer)

Smartindian

HSC
Hello, I am quite new to this, and I just need some advice regarding maths.

recently, I received my marks for the first maths assessment (2unit), which is worth 15% and I got approximately around 70%. I am just wondering if i can still get a band 6.

Thanks.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
School rank?

Because the assessment could've been extremely hard, and 70% is a good mark. Your relative rank against your cohort is more important than your internal marks.

Band 6 is definitely still possible, and if you're looking to improve, do heaps of practice (past papers, homework, textbook questions, etc.), because that's one of the most recognised ways to improve in maths.

tashe

HSC
N/A
1. Find out how many students (in each year) in your school in the previous years received band 6. You can do this by using the High Achiever's Database found in the Cohort ATAR thread. Or, you can use this site where it tells. I'm not sure what the site is though, hopefully someone reading this can provide the site.

2. Find out your rank. It'll be hard right now as it's only the 1st assessment task and I presume you cannot ask everyone who does 2u. I suggest you work harder and wait for your HY rank. Are you within the range found in step 1?

For now, you can ask someone smart their mark and see how you compare.

Other than that, it's still early in the year. You can definitely redeem yourself.

HSC
Of course!! You still have the rest of the year AND the HSC exam which you can 'redeem' yourself in. That being said, you will just need to work harder to ensure a band 6. :D :D

study1234

HSC
15% is nothing. Keep doing your homework, and do as many past papers as you can. You have to do Maths consistently, because you don't get better at it overnight.

Btw, if you're worried that a comeback isn't possible, I did very poorly in my 1st MX2 Assessment (worth 20%), but ended up getting a 99 HSC mark (which honestly more than exceeded my personal expectations). This was because I used my disappointment to motivate myself to succeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)