Maths and UAI (1 Viewer)

pulsado

HSC
Ok whats better for a UAI a band 4 in Mathematics or a band 6 in general can people use evidence to back up their claim
thanks

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
prob band 6 general
however there are a few exceptions such as a band 5 maths ext 2 result is better than band 6 general maths

but usually band 6 in anything is quite good

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i think a band 6 in general maths would be the way to go as Without Wings has demonstrated.

plus it'll make the distinguished achievers list =]

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Is there a link to the complete scaling of HSC subjects in comparison with other years? I swear I've seen it around on BoS but just can't seem to find it...

HSC
I know its hard, but you seriously have to forget scaling and concentrate more on achieving the best mark you can! It's just a time waster thinking about it...believe me, I used to think about scaling heaps and how that would affect my UAI etc..there is no real way you can figure how scaling works because it depends on the performance of your cohort anyway.

P.S. Band 6 General Maths > Band 4 Maths (2U)

HSC
watatank is right, enuf of this rubbish about scaling, we cannot affect it or change it no matter what we do, and to try and predict the scaling of subjects is impossible, it doesn't matter what school u go to, wat subjects u do, if u put in the effort, u'll get the marks, and the high UAI

its as simple as that

don't mean to sound harsh, but i just get sick of hearing ppl questioning scaling all the time

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
I chose to do general maths instead of 2u coz i wanted to pass and do well...i ended up toping the grade and getting 83 in hsc...now i know its not a great mark but it is a lot better than i would have done in 2u...just do whatever you find easier dont chose subjects coz of scaling, if u think you will achieve higher in general than do that one, as long as u enjoy ur subjects you will do better therefore achieveing higher uai...if u cant do it it'll only weigh u down

hmmmm...

angel01
HSC
according to my maths teacher they only give out approx 4 band 6s every year tho, last year they gave out six..thats 4 general maths, not sure bout the other one u said..apparently its very hard 2 get a band 6 so yeh...

jaaaaay

HSC
why don't you try putting your subjects in SAM? might give you a better idea... oh wait... Without Wings already did it =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)