Maths Ext. 1 Formulas Any1? (1 Viewer)

jaspreet

jasz
HSC
N/A
I was going to organise and summarise all the main formulas to date, but I don't have time and/or I'm too lazy (not sure which one). Anyone got a copy they wanna send me or a link if there is one for the formulas? It'll probably help a lot of us anywayz. You can PM me if you want. Thanx ;)

MoNNiE

HSC
you sound like me..
my suggestion is to progressively create your own forumla book each time you encounter something new within the maths course , add it into it along with other small notes which maybe be helpful.
-- so by the time you are in the holidays -- BEFORE the HSC exams start-- you at least have the knowledge you have all these formulas that are relevent to your course.. that you have LOOKED AT AND KNOW OF..!
it doesn't take long, unless you decide to do it in one go -- which i found really annoying

the pocket ones are OKAY, however what i found is sometimes they don't give you enough information
if i remember to i'll post up some forumla booklet i found lying around my house from a study session -- it maybe help

Last edited:

soul_guardian

HSC
I'm with you MoNNiE, but i try to do that but then i can't be bothered. So, 3 days before a test, I create a small summary book. Itz quite helpful.

blitzacer

HSC
This is what a peer support leader told me in year 7...how right he was...a formula book would be more interesting if YOU wrote it yourself, because you'd understand your weaknesses and strengths to focus on specific topics that you need help in, plus you absorb information quickly when you write it yourself and in your own handwriting -typing dosen't really work for me- although i'm just a lazy ass and bought one of those pocket ones.

mojako

HSC
Well this one might be helpful...
Tell me what you think...
this one is 2U content.
I made them and they're not totally finished.
---EDIT: it is now
But they should cover all Preliminary topic that you've studied so far.

Sections are according to syllabus... unfortunately or fortunately.. it's up to you...

The following file is part#1... this forum only allows 100KB which I can't manage to reach.
---EDIT: it's moved to http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?p=777097#post777097

Last edited:

jaspreet

jasz
HSC
N/A
Thanks heaps dude, they're great!!! Yeh, they cover more than the stuff that I've done so far, I think I haven't done about half of them, so its really good to use lata as well.

mojako

HSC
Just make sure you understand what you are reading, and are able to recognise that you need to use this and that formulas when you see this and that questions.
:) too

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Thanks, Mojako. I just had a 3unit test, and the formulas were great.
I'm glad u decided to post them here.

illin

Ill factor
HSC
Awesome notes on formulas

Well done with the formulas. Did u do them yourself?

And 4 everyone doing 3u maths this years, r u guys and gals thinking about doin 4u maths? It boosts ur scores heaps im told. But does it really boost ur UAI???
:cool:

and byt the way look what im doin 4 HSC, (weird combo)
Maths 3u, english advanced 2u, Chemistry, Ancient History, French, German, and we also have to do this gay 1u subject called General Studies 4 yr11 and it doesnt count towards anything

mojako

HSC
>> Well done with the formulas. Did u do them yourself? <<
Yes.

>> It boosts ur scores heaps im told. But does it really boost ur UAI??? <<
Wrong (well.. kind of wrong..)
It boosts your UAI and does nothing to your score, with score being defined as "the mark you get from exam and assessment, without being scaled".
I don't think it boosts your mark in the HSc certificate either.

What is General Studies btw?

>> it doesnt count towards anything <<
Should be included in your HSC certificate, but without maybe marks, just PASS or FAIL, I think...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)