Maths Ext II Results (1 Viewer)

haque

HSC
haboozin said:
People got 100 this year...
first time since 1993

how easy was this test?, people getting 100, and so many 99's without a state ranking

I think last yr 97 even got a state ranking
Hmm, i think the top 18 got 99 plus cos although there were hundreds(how do u know?) the reason i say that is when u look at the uac guide of statistics, in terms of the percentile marks it's only slightly higher-97 would never get a state ranking for 4 unit-i've seen guys get 98 in the past not get state ranking and since ours were easier probably that is equivalent to the 99. Even if the exam was easy the process of aligning takes care of that and so that judgement i feel is unfair-the guys who got 99 would have been pretty close to state rankings(the guy ranked 4th for 4unit maths got 99 at ruse-lol top three got 100 though).

mel4dan

I only got a HSC mark of 80 but I ended up with a UAI of 98.5! So I'm happy and I know for sure that Ext 2 contributed to that UAI. How awesome!

haque

HSC
that's right it was an easy exam but the marks we get have been aligned and every year the marks are aligned so its absolute rubbish to say just because it was easier the marks would have been way higher-this year just more people did relatively well at the top i.e a lot of people got similar marks up near the top-since the differences were small between the top guys, a lot more got higher marks-in 2003 i rhink the lowest 4 unit mark as top mark was attained and the guy received 99, this year's was easier so the first person got 100-but this doesn't mean that they got 100% in the exam as bos doesn't release raw marks. The 05 exam was probably the second easiest after our exam except the guys up the top weren't as bunched up as our cohort. Sorry Haboozin, i have a lot of respect for you, but on this topic i find ur reasoning illogical. You look at the guys in the top 10 for 4 unit in most years have marks of 99.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Man I am so impressed by everyone, shame about the closeness Haque lol
Nice UAI though, I hope you aint too dissapointed lol

Well I guess everyone is off to Uni now

Nice work all

Good Luck

haque

HSC
thanx Rax but looking at ur uai u did exceptionally well considering english u got 75-if that wasn't the case u'd be 99 territory-personally don't like english, don't really think it's a reflection of thinking ability

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
haque said:
thanx Rax but looking at ur uai u did exceptionally well considering english u got 75-if that wasn't the case u'd be 99 territory-personally don't like english, don't really think it's a reflection of thinking ability
thanks man, and I coudnt have put it better myself.

English..........its a sad joke.
But hey its all over now eh

ANU here I come..woooohoooo

Lizcat

HSC
can i just say that i got over 90 in maths Ext1 and ext 2.. and im shitting myself,
u kno why.. coz compared to all u guys i suck at maths!! like really suck (i remember i compared my trial marks on boredOS and i got way below u guys) .. also when i was reading my HSC marks i didnt even realise until like 3 mins of looking at the marks that i got E4 haha it was a total shock. well im just really happy hehe!

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Lizcat said:
can i just say that i got over 90 in maths Ext1 and ext 2.. and im shitting myself,
u kno why.. coz compared to all u guys i suck at maths!! like really suck (i remember i compared my trial marks on boredOS and i got way below u guys) .. also when i was reading my HSC marks i didnt even realise until like 3 mins of looking at the marks that i got E4 haha it was a total shock. well im just really happy hehe!
lolol Yeah I felt exactly the same, though I did realise I got an E4, it was more being dumbfounded that I actually did

looks at trial paper........44% eh...wooo hooo

but I guess none of it matters now eh

oh god....cant believe this time next month I will either be in Canberra or getting there...somehow...so freaky

Bye Everybody

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)