Maths (General, 2u, 3u) & English (2u) & Ancient History - Northern Beaches, USYD (1 Viewer)

stressingout

HSC
Introduction:
Hey people, my name's Shirley Liu and I graduated from Manly Selective Campus in 2009 :haha:

After taking a gap year, I'm now studying a Bachelor of Arts and Communications (Media) at UNSW.

I offer private tutoring for
HSC and Prelim Mathematics (General, 2u, 3u)
HSC and Prelim English (2u, Texts: Romulus My Father, Wit and Donne, In the Skin of a Lion)
HSC and Prelim Ancient History (Please contact about topics)

I also offer Junior School private tutoring in English and Maths, at different rates of course. Currently, I am tutoring 2 students, one for HSC General Maths and a year 9 male. Both have had 20%+ improvement within their next assessment being nurtured by me.

Credentials:
ATAR 97

HSC Marks
English Adv 94
Mathematic 2u 95
Mathematic 3u 95
Ancient History 94

Experience:
Assistant Supervisor at Kumon Australia, a renown and international coaching company.
I have been an assistant there since 2006.

Rates:
$35 an hour (Prelim and HSC)
$60 for a two hour block (Prelim and HSC)

Junior School rates start at $20 an hour.

Warringah Mall Library
USYD Library (FRIDAYS ONLY)
My House (located in Beacon Hill, however, transport is inconvenient)

Please DO NOT post below, as i won't be checking it. Please email me at shirleyliu@live.com.au which i check everyday.
Mobile: 0450134480

Reasons why I should tutor you:
1) I am flexible. We will skip topics that you already know and work on your weaknesses, that way your improvement will reflect in your actual tests, not just in your workbooks. My availabilities are also awesome, I understand that you have social or extra curricular activites and can make a schedule work for you.

2) I can motivate you. The reason why students get bored or fall behind in a subject is because they are not doing well in it. The solution is to study more of that subject, and it will slowly change your attitude towards it.

3) I have the resources that you need. Coming from a selective school, I was given notes, extreme examples and past papers from other selective schools. I also have my own set of notes for each subject to share to my students.

4) I am organised and reliable. Everything is prepared before the lesson. During the first lesson I will learn everything I need to know and can plan the right study routine for you.

5) I enjoy what I do. I enjoy communicating to people and extending all my knowledge to them. It is rewarding when my students understand their work, as I have witnessed through my experience.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)